Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Positive message!  (Read 17616 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Positive message!
« Reply #44 from previous page: October 26, 2010, 06:56:44 PM »
Quote from: Nlandas;587220
Linux -

Check out what Google is doing with Android and multiple hardware vendors -HTC, Motorola, Samsung, DELL, etc. both on Smartphones and Tablets. Looks like they are poised to take over the Smartphone market but we'll see if RIM can hold onto the lead.

Ubuntu 10.10 with the new Unity UI with support for touchscreens.

http://deviceguru.com/android-to-be-number-2-mobile-os-this-year/
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Buzzfuzz

• Show only replies by Buzzfuzz
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;586925

Windows, Steve Balmer has gone on record to say that the next version will be the most innovative yet (ok, Microsoft have said that before each Windows release), but with proects like MinWin and the need to get a differential in the OS Market, we could see something pretty cool come from this!

I have no complaints with Windows 7, compared to Vista, it's running better and it's looking better.
And I'm looking forward to IE9, beta is good, but not great yet.
Yeah most are gunning down Microsoft, but for the first time in years I can actually say it doesn't suck anymore.
Wishlist: A3500, A2500UX

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2010, 10:10:49 PM »
I don't like the Windows 7 taskbar at all.  It makes no distinction between currently running programs and quicklaunch icons.  Not having text descriptions of programs is a step backwards too.  I'm used to the classic interface and know my way around it, so not having it as an option is a big problem for me.  Performance-wise it's pretty great though.

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2010, 10:22:18 PM »
Quote from: kedawa;587298
I don't like the Windows 7 taskbar at all.  It makes no distinction between currently running programs and quicklaunch icons.  Not having text descriptions of programs is a step backwards too.  I'm used to the classic interface and know my way around it, so not having it as an option is a big problem for me.  Performance-wise it's pretty great though.

Are there no alternate skins available for 7?
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »
There probably are, but I only had Windows 7 for a few months because it was an evaluation copy, and now I'm back to using Vista.
I think I'm one of the few people that actually likes Vista.  Ever since the first service pack, I've had only a few minor annoyances.
Windows ME was the same for me.  Everyone hated it, but I never had any real issues with it.