Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How To Setup Local Network trough Null modem Cable ???  (Read 2506 times)

Description:

How To Setup Local Network trough Null modem Cable ???
« on: November 03, 2002, 11:52:08 PM »
Hello

I have a new question :)
I am busy to try to connect my amiga with a null modem cable to a windows me computer connected on a local network .
I use amiga explorer and it work very good to move files but now i want trough the same modem cable when amiga explorer is not running to be able to start networking like a windows or linux server .
So i need to be able to enter the subnet the gateway and give a dedicated ip to the amiga .

For the moment i have use both version of miami
the normal and deluxe version but not any one let me give the subnet the gateway and to setup a traditional connection it look like only working for modem connection or network card .

Doe any one know a software i can use to doe what i want ??

Later
Oliver

Offline sarkis

• Show only replies by sarkis
Re: How To Setup Local Network trough Null modem Cable ???
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 12:16:06 AM »
HOW DO TRANSFER AMIGA FILES FROM A PC WITH AF5 TO A LAPTOP ALSO RUNNING AF5..
HAVE BOTH NULL MODEM CABLE AND A CROSSOVER CABLE..?
TIA
SARKIS :-o  :-o  :-o  :-o  :-o  :-o

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 12:56:18 AM »
Hello

Very simple download and buy the cloanto amiga explorer and you will be able with a simple null modem cable to move any files from the internet to the amiga hard disk .

It work great but i want to setup real network settings to start major internet software like irc etc .
and i have trouble with a null modem cable .

Later
Oliver

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 01:24:31 AM »

leolePPC wrote:
For the moment i have use both version of miami
the normal and deluxe version but not any one let me give the subnet the gateway and to setup a traditional connection it look like only working for modem connection or network card .

Doe any one know a software i can use to doe what i want ??

I know it`s possible with Miami, I did it years ago before I got a network card. If you can afford one, get one..networking over a serial cable is OK as long as you like watching paint dry whilst transfering files ;-)

I can`t remember where the gateway and subnet settings are in Miami, cos I`ve been using Genesis for the last few years.
 In fact, setting up Miami was easy compared to getting Samba to run !
 All I can do is recommend the AmigaSamba page, it helped me a lot in the beginning.
http://www.amigasamba.org
On schedule, and suing