Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE + Real OS 3.9 = dead mouse pointer  (Read 1189 times)

Description:

Offline mindproberTopic starter

WinUAE + Real OS 3.9 = dead mouse pointer
« on: May 07, 2012, 06:03:43 AM »
Subject says it all.

Some time ago, I connected my OS 3.9 system drive (40GB IDE) that was installed in a real Amiga 3000 (via SCSI - IDE adapter) to my Windows PC using a USB-IDE interface and had WinUAE recognize the drive. At first I tried booting directly from it and had some problems (I don't remember what). Then, I decided it was safer to transfer everything from the real drive to a WinUAE hard file and work with that.

After some trial and error, I was able to boot the system. The WinUAE configuration matches the real A3000 I had as close as possible. Everything came up looking just like the old A3000 system except for one minor problem. The mouse pointer does not move. I am not sure if the system is frozen or there is simply some incompatibility. I tried to remove things in the WBStartup folder, anything related to pointer/mouse preferences and such but nothing seemed to help. The only other thing I can think of is the Picasso96 software is perhaps fouling things up. The A3000 was originally configured with a Picasso IV board installed and the Picasso96 software was customized around that board. I believe I already tried to remove anything related to the PicassoIV monitor drivers also.

I have successfully installed a separate configuration of an OS 3.9 system with WinUAE from scratch so I don't believe it has anything to do with my WinUAE install or Windows system.

I am running WinUAE 2.4.0
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:07:43 AM by jdryyz »