Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: powerup vs. warpup vs. warp3d ????  (Read 414 times)

Description:

Offline MotormouthTopic starter

powerup vs. warpup vs. warp3d ????
« on: June 10, 2016, 05:49:58 PM »
In regards to classic amiga's upgraded to powerpc processors.  What is the difference between powerup and warpup and warp3d?

I guess the warp3d is somewhat obvious, I am guessing this is more about a 3d driver for graphics cards, but the powerup vs warpup seems to be less obvious to me.  Even in aminet there is a separate powerup and warpup categories.

Offline Rob

Re: powerup vs. warpup vs. warp3d ????
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 06:12:01 PM »
Quote from: Motormouth;809819
In regards to classic amiga's upgraded to powerpc processors.  What is the difference between powerup and warpup and warp3d?

I guess the warp3d is somewhat obvious, I am guessing this is more about a 3d driver for graphics cards, but the powerup vs warpup seems to be less obvious to me.  Even in aminet there is a separate powerup and warpup categories.

Yes Warp3D is the 3D driver API.

PowerUp was Phase 5's own environment for PPC software and Haage & Partner made their own and called it WarpUP.

Offline Acill

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »
Quote from: Rob;809823

PowerUp was Phase 5's own environment for PPC software and Haage & Partner made their own and called it WarpUP.

You also cant run both Powerup and Warpup at the same time. Warpup comes with an emulation layer and can run ost Powerup things. I use Warpup sinc most things that are PPC support it and not the other.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline MotormouthTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 01:20:04 PM »
Quote from: Rob;809823

Quote from: Acill;809828
You also cant run both Powerup and Warpup at the same time. Warpup comes with an emulation layer and can run ost Powerup things. I use Warpup sinc most things that are PPC support it and not the other.

Thanks, this clears things up.  I never had a classic powerpc amiga.  This has changes do to a recently acquired MKIII mediator with a v3.3 line (thanks Elbox and Amigakit).  I fortunately have a sonnet crescendo 7200 in an old power mac.  Who would know that we could use this in the amiga one day.