Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (A500+) Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga does not work.  (Read 17499 times)

Description:

Offline sim085Topic starter

• Show only replies by sim085
Re: (A500+) Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga does not work.
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 26, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »

weirdami wrote:
(A500+) Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga does not work.

I think the problem is with your (A500 key.

I tried the keys from workbench and individually they all seem to work. I then used a multimeter to check if current is passing properly from the red wire and it is. I then Using a wire jumper (with Amiga turn on), short it to the thin shield and the Amiga reboot. From the other posts they told me that if this happened then it meant that the transistor burned and that I had to change it to another equivalent.

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 08:22:43 PM »
Hi,

I do not know how this may have happened; However today I connected the joystick today to my computer while it was already switched on. Something happened because the clock (loading) symbol appeared and it did not want to go. I therefore restarted the computer and when I switched it on again the mouse could only move in one direction. I switched it off again left it to cool a little and then switched it on again. The mouse pointer worked fine now, I started playing a game. Just for kicks I pressed the Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga again and it restarted!!! How did this happened? Does someone have any idea? I do not know if the above is realted just wanted to mention what I did today just in case it was relevant.

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:50 AM »
Here is an other update ... my keyboard is now acting very strange.

Since the other day Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga worked fine I decided to try it again yesterday and ... It did not work!

However something strange is that the Caps-lock button light flashed green and then off again. When I pressed it it did not want to turn green. I restarted the computer and Caps-lock started working again.

I tried pressing Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga again and again I had the same symptoms mentioned above. However this time I did not switch it off. After a few seconds (maybe half a minute) the Caps-lock flashed again and started working normally.

I therefore tried it for the third time. Again I got the same symptoms after pressing Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga. However this time the whole keyboard did not want to work! Again I switched off the computer; left it off for some time and switched it on again ... everything worked fine again.

It seems that the problems only start after pressing Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga! I still did not change the transistor. However does the above scenario make it clear that the transistor is the problem?

Regards,
Sim085

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:32 PM »
I think this has to do with the leaking battery you mentioned in the original post. did you remove it ? was there any leakage ? try to track down if it spilled anywhere and check with schematics if it's interfering with something with the keyboard signals.
I believe in mt. Fuji

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »
Hi countzero,

Yes I did remove the leaking battery over a week ago. The battery did not seem to have leaked on the motherboard since there was no acid however there seemed to be some (small quantity of) corrosion on the chips near it. I did try to remove this as much as I could although some of it is still there!

However things started acting wierd with the Ctrl + Amiga + Amiga buttons after I connected the joystick when my Amiga was turned on (mentioned this in a previous post). At first these three buttons worked as should (tried them several times) and made the computer restart. Yesterday things changed and started having these weird keyboard moments.

The thing is that I do not have any problems unless I press these buttons!

... Could it be that the when connecting the joystick and speakers the reset transistor got some static electricity which freaked it up more then it already was?