Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Multiple OS users  (Read 7150 times)

Description:

Offline mpiva

• Show only replies by mpiva
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
Re: Multiple OS users
« Reply #59 from previous page: November 09, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
I use AmigaOS3.9 occasionally on my A4000T.

I use AmigaOS3.9 quite regularly via WinUAE on my netbook when I'm not at home. (Hopefully next year I can replace it with a AmigaOS4 netbook:))

I use AmigaOS4.1 quite regularly on my Sam460ex when I am at home.

I, unfortunately, use Windows XP when I'm at work.
Also, I have Windows 7 running on the family PCs in my house (the PCs that the wife and kids use).
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »
Ahem!

Why isn't BeOS/Haiku on that list?!?! WTF man!!! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
AmigaOS 1.2, 1.3 and 3.1.

Tiger, Lion and iOS5 on my Mac Stuff.

Windoze XP unfortunately at work. I abhor using that system so much that I bought M$ Office for the Mac just so I could bring some of my work home.  ;)

Was using MorphOS for a bit, but aborted the novelty after a while. That said, anyone looking for a stock 1.25ghz Mac Mini with MorphOS registered?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:50:43 PM by save2600 »

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2011, 04:04:51 PM »
Put it in front of me, I'll run it. :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline lsmart

• Show only replies by lsmart
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2011, 07:03:51 AM »
Why does it start with 1.3 instead of 1.2 or even 1.0? If you donĀ“t own a harddrive, 1.2 is perfectly fine. You may add some 1.3 sugar by using ARP or even set it to "2.0 like overdrive" with Daves Jazzbench. I ran this combination for a while and skipped the 1.3 Kickstart altogether, before becoming one of the early adopters of KS 2.04.

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
AmigaOS 3.1 and 3.9 (on my classic machine about once a month, maybe less these day this is mainly due to...)

AmigaOS 1.3 to 3.9 (emulation thanks to Amiga Forever 2012 about once a week for a quick gaming or mess around with various programs, currently trying to get back into making games.)

Aros AspireOS (Only had it for about a month, played with it on and off need more time to really set it up how I like my amiga to really get into it.)

Windows 7 (I have to say is my main machine, sorry :(, i have to say though Win7 is the best MS OS I have used, why it took them this long to make a good solid OS I will never know.)

Windows XP (now and again for odd old software that wont run in Win7 or not bothered to setup in win7. both on the same machine)

Ubuntu (mainly on my Acer Aspire but I might try using Aros more on it and i do have it on my PC for when i was stick of XP and did'nt even try Vista.)

Hopeful soon AmigaOS4 which will cut my time I have to use Win7.