Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Voyager on UAE?  (Read 981 times)

Description:

Offline JagabotTopic starter

• Show only replies by Jagabot
    • http://www.amigadeals.com
Voyager on UAE?
« on: November 16, 2003, 09:40:13 PM »
My reply in the other thread will probably go un-noticed so I thought I'd ask again in a new thread.

I seem to be unable to get Voyager to work in WinUAE, is it not possible? I've tried a couple different versions of Voyager, and a couple different UAE installs but it's always a no-go. When I attempt to install Voyager (using any configuration) it fails 1/2 way through the installer when it attempts to install MIME-Prefs.

Anyone have any tips, even if it's a "it won't work emulated you bonehead - RTFM!" type of response?  :-D
If I have military spec stuff listed on eBay, you can find it here  :-)

Offline alx

Re: Voyager on UAE?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 09:51:43 PM »
I got it going a while ago, so it's definitely possible at least...

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 12:06:29 AM »
hmm, I've never had a problem with it on any WinUAE instal.
What settings are you using?
Which version of the OS?

Offline fx

• Show only replies by fx
    • UHC Tools
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 01:37:55 AM »
I have a problem with the version of WinUAE I have currently installed, it seems it can't resolve the hostname when I'm trying to connect to a website, the strange thing is, if I press F12 and then escape again, it does resolve the hostname and the site loads, then everything works fine until I try to connect to some other host and the same procedure has to be repeated.

I suppose it's a bug in my version of UAE but I haven't bothered to upgrade since I'm not using net applications very often.
Slightly bored and severly confused..

Offline JagabotTopic starter

• Show only replies by Jagabot
    • http://www.amigadeals.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 01:44:19 AM »
I've tried it under 3.0 and 3.1, I did finally get it to work partially using an 020 AGA 3.1 config, except it fails if it hits any page that contains javascript (such as amiga.org). It still doesn't allow me to complete the installation though. It also will not display any graphics contained on a webpage (again, I'm assuming this is because it wasn't completely installed). It will not work if I do not choose an AGA configuration however (no matter what my display resoulition is using RTG) but that might be the way it's supposed to work?

WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 3
AIAB 0.8.21r2

I guess maybe I should reinstall UAE and try it with 3.5 or 3.9?
If I have military spec stuff listed on eBay, you can find it here  :-)