Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1222 questions  (Read 919 times)

Description:

Offline OldAmiganTopic starter

A1222 questions
« on: April 16, 2020, 11:33:26 AM »
I'm in line to order the A1222 (Early Adopter, etc).

When the board comes, we'll still need to sort out PSU, RAM, HDD, Graphics Card, etc and I have just received my Checkmate case from Steve Jones.

HDD and Graphics card aside, does anyone have any idea what size PSU will be required? I know it depends greatly on the graphics card but ball park figure?

The Ram is 64-bit SODIMM 400MHz and it supports up to 8Gb. Quite old now. Looking through ebay, it invites me to shop by bus speed but doesn't go that slow! Does anyone know how many slots there are?

Thanks,

Fred

Offline duga

Re: A1222 questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 11:55:53 AM »
A SFX PSU (not ATX!) of 450 W should be more than enough.

Only one memory slot.

Offline walkero

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »
I think the RAM is included. Double check it before you buy one.

Offline First Ninja

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 07:45:52 PM »
I think the RAM is included. Double check it before you buy one.

The official homepage doesn't mention it?
Karate, Jerry. Karate. It's the lifetime pursuit of balance and harmony.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 11:05:28 PM »
So many questions left unanswered for A-EON's / AmigaKit's key customers! All the more reason for the rest of us to hold well back and wait for reviews, real world testing of the audio driver and a complete package option with official case and hopefully a software bundle like the David Pleasance Commodore days! ;-)
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline Rob

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 02:10:37 AM »
I have a Ryzen 3 1200 with an RX560 and 2 mechanical hard drives along with the slot loading DVD drive in my Checkmate case.  I haven't measured the actual power draw but I'm using a 350 watt PSU here so you definitely won't need anything higher than that for the A1222.

If you get higher rated RAM it will just clock down to the maximum supported by the motherboard.  Amigakit sell 2GB sticks suitable for the A1222.

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja

Offline Hans_

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 04:23:27 AM »
I'm in line to order the A1222 (Early Adopter, etc).

When the board comes, we'll still need to sort out PSU, RAM, HDD, Graphics Card, etc and I have just received my Checkmate case from Steve Jones.

HDD and Graphics card aside, does anyone have any idea what size PSU will be required? I know it depends greatly on the graphics card but ball park figure?
I have a 120W pico PSU powering mine (A1222, Radeon HD 240 or RadeonRX 550, 2GB RAM and an SSD drive). However, it doesn't even use close to that. When working on my laptop project, I had everything including the LCD panel running at under 50W, giving me a few hours of battery life. That was with the Radeon HD 240 without any dynamic power management.

The Ram is 64-bit SODIMM 400MHz and it supports up to 8Gb. Quite old now. Looking through ebay, it invites me to shop by bus speed but doesn't go that slow! Does anyone know how many slots there are?
There's one RAM slot.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja

Offline OldAmiganTopic starter

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 12:36:42 PM »
Thanks for your answers folks.

I'm really looking forward to getting this board now, even though I know I'm going to have a really long wait for it - but we've waited a long time anyway.

I'm just going through Epsilon's Blog about the A1222.