Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestion: Ban-rationale thread  (Read 7783 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: Suggestion: Ban-rationale thread
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 31, 2011, 01:19:21 AM »
Quote from: ffastback;657080
As do most people...your point?

Point is here (which I can either assume you have deliberately missed or genuinely haven't got it) is based upon experience on this site, while most do there are a very large number who don't... :)

Quote from: ffastback;657080
If you were silly enough to do so yes you would be being pretty arrogant indeed.

As I think I already made that clear then your point is ???

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 01:43:12 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;656821
It's not a bad idea but it makes the site even more of a pain to moderate than it already is. Trust me, it's by and large a thankless task.

The moderation policy here is fairly relaxed, but when a warning is given to a member and not heeded then action is taken. As the bottom line reads "We almost always give warnings, but never to the same person twice."

Moderators already are accountable to the site admin, who ultimately lays down the rules. There is a mailing list to which all reported posts go that all moderators have visibility of. Furthermore, deleted posts leave an audit. As part of being accountable, deleted posts remain visible to admins and moderators, along with who deleted it, when and why.

We don't simply delete posts and ban people on a whim.

Hi,

@Karlos,

Just because Magnetic cannot keep from blasting Franko at every opportunity, doesn't mean that you should ban Franko, all Franko was doing is what Franko does best, defend himself, if you can't understand that, then you shouldn't be officiating this argument, Magnetic is the one that always starts the BS on Franko, when all Franko is doing is having fun on the site. He is bothering no one, except for Kesa (who we all bother), now I am not one of Franko's friends and I am always busting him, but me and him take it in stride, we get in no real arguments, but when I and Magnetic get into it, then you are in for a war, and to tell you the truth Magnetic is about as smart as a pissant walking up a tree. If you look at it, all the times Franko was banned is when he gets in a tassle with pis Magnetic, and he usually doesn't even say anything to him until Magnetic has opened his keyboard one to many times.

I find Franko's ban very unfair, and I am not even one of his friends. I just like reading his posts, he has a very petite way about him.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;656874
Your efforts are appreciated Karlos!

I may not always agree with your opinions (edit: non-moderation opinions), but I have always agreed with your moderation actions.

Hi,

@amigadave

Boy!!!

What a suckup,

I always agreed with your moderation actions,

Boy not only is your nose turning brown, but I believe it is starting to spread to your lips.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 01:49:43 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;656876
I agree. Why do people do that?    :confused:

Agreed. Karlos, don't think your modding is thankless because its not  and i really do appreciate what you do around here. I think you just  need a big hug, so here it is    :knuddel:

Hi,

@Kesa,

Darn it Kesa write your darn name on the soles of your shoes, if you are going to crawl up there that deep, we at least want to know who it is.

smerf

Offline smerf

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 01:58:38 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;656892
Wow.  The Army's been keeping me busy and I come back and find this?!?!

As the "youngest" of the Mods I'd have to say that trying to do this would be over kill.

Mods are doing their job, weather you agree with their decisions or not, to help keep the Forum running.  This is a thankless job as others have said and also pays na-da!

To add more hoops to go through just to do our jobs would almost certainly break the system.  All the extra work would keep us from doing our jobs and enjoying the site ourselves.

I know, coming from me that sounds really hypocritical.  I got involved in the "Franko Incident of 2011" because their was some issues that went way beyond simple moderating and I didn't get involved until I had a lot of information on and from both sides.

Asking for an explanation for a mod's actions is the Forum Admin's job.  That is where the Franko bit ended up and where it was solved.

So, if you have a friend who finds himself ousted, ask him why and/or check his most recent posts and work your way up from there.

Hi,

Well la ti da ta, and a bucket of wheat to you, -- J-Golden

Why is it the Franko bit, and not the Magnetic bit?

Every one that I read, Franko was usually keyboarding with some one else, and then loud keyboard Magnetic came in and really started the jamberee, they Franko like always step into it and gets in trouble, everyone blames Franko, it is always the Franko incident, or Franko done this.

Butt

it is Magnetic with the threats, magentic who blasts Franko on every post even when Franko ignores him.

You are all unfair.

smerf

Offline smerf

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 02:03:14 AM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;656914
I think the mods do enough work for free as it is to be honest. I understand the logic of a "Ban rationale thread" but it's not that easy to get banned on Amiga.org, I've survived so far without so much as a warning.....
....but then I'm a nice guy, and anyone who says I'm not is getting a kicking.

Hi,

@Tripitaka,

Gosh, get rid of the kneepads already,

I THINK THE MODS DO ENOUGH WORK FOR FREE.

lol

smerf

Offline Franko

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 02:11:12 AM »
Hi Smerf... :)

Gosh... you've overdosed on the old angry pills tonight... :eek:

While I thank you for your comments, you'd better watch out as even daring to mention a mods name these days gets you banned round here on the grounds that it's a personal attack... :rolleyes:

I mean just a few minutes after I posted my long post daring to speak the truth it was reported by a mod at 10:17 pm UK time for gawd know what trumped up reason this time and now I sit here awaiting my next ban... :rolleyes:

So it's best to keep out of it for your own sake as speaking your mind and speaking the truth these days seems to be against the TOS (obviously written in invisible ink so that folk cant read that part)... ;)

So you mad old bugger take a chill pill and some Jack Daniels and leave me to be the one who gets hammered for simply being honest... :)

Cheers

Franko

Offline smerf

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 02:15:24 AM »
Quote from: Franko;657075
Maybe so, but why would I instantly presume something someone has posted is not the truth and that what they have said is only being said in order to cause trouble... :confused:

I tend to (just like real life) observe what people say on a regular basis and take this into account before responding to them as I don't know these people personally... :)

Therefore it would be pretty arrogant to instantly presume that any post I read by someone is just out to cause trouble or not their true opinion... ;)

Hi,

@Franko,

Have you ever met me or read any of my posts?

Am I failing that bad?

GOD HELP ME!!!

the smerf

Offline Tension

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 02:22:06 AM »
what a bunch of bitches you are.

Offline Franko

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 02:24:17 AM »
Quote from: smerf;657092
Hi,

@Franko,

Have you ever met me or read any of my posts?

Am I failing that bad?

GOD HELP ME!!!

the smerf

Only met you in me vivid imagination... :)

and never fail to read a Smerf post (one of the best things about this site)... :)

Nah... no way are you failing, there is nooo way under the sun that post could apply to you... :)

You were born to cause trouble, wind people up and tell porky pies just for the hell of it... :)

Gawd, wont help you either he's one of them numpites who uses the word "troll" all the time, so methinks he's got it in for you too... ;)

Cheers

Franko

Offline smerf

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2011, 02:24:27 AM »
Quote from: Franko;657089

Gosh... you've overdosed on the old angry pills tonight... :eek:

While I thank you for your comments, you'd better watch out as even daring to mention a mods name these days gets you banned round here on the grounds that it's a personal attack... :rolleyes:

I mean just a few minutes after I posted my long post daring to speak the truth it was reported by a mod at 10:17 pm UK time for gawd know what trumped up reason this time and now I sit here awaiting my next ban... :rolleyes:

So it's best to keep out of it for your own sake as speaking your mind and speaking the truth these days seems to be against the TOS (obviously written in invisible ink so that folk cant read that part)... ;)

So you mad old bugger take a chill pill and some Jack Daniels and leave me to be the one who gets hammered for simply being honest... :)

Cheers

Hi,

I have not yet begun to post.

Damn the Mods, full speed ahead

Run for your keyboards the Mods are coming

Anyone seen Karlos, GOOD lets keep it that way

Lets all do the Franko BIT

smerf

Offline Franko

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2011, 02:25:04 AM »
Quote from: Tension;657093

That's no way to speak about the mods... :)

Offline smerf

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2011, 02:40:10 AM »
Quote from: Tension;657093

Hi,

@Tension,

Oh you silly boy

smerf

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2011, 03:16:26 AM »
Quote from: smerf;657086
Hi,

@Kesa,

Darn it Kesa write your darn name on the soles of your shoes, if you are going to crawl up there that deep, we at least want to know who it is.

smerf

I think someones jealous! Karlos is MINE! Get your own Karlos :madashell:

Alright then i feel sorry for you, here you go then... :knuddel: ... feel better now?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2011, 04:22:20 AM »
That is one idea.

I would rather see banned people work it out on Jerry Springer or Dr. Phil.

http://www.drphil.com/
http://www.jerryspringertv.com/

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2011, 04:43:36 AM »
Just remember, its not a party until the sausage comes out.