Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best amiga game on XBLA  (Read 3893 times)

Description:

Offline skilgannonTopic starter

• Show only replies by skilgannon
Re: Best amiga game on XBLA
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 13, 2009, 10:08:24 PM »
Quote from: tone007;519116
I can't stream Netflix or play Rockstar on my Amiga!  (which is really all the 360 gets used for.)

Would be so cool though if you could eh :)
I\'m an IK+ championship winning, goal scoring superstar hero ;)

C= Amiga 600, 3.1 ROM with ACA630, 2mb Chip, CF IDE, Easynet Wifi (once it all arrives!)
CD32; Commodore SX64; C64c, Sinclair QL; Sinclair Spectrum+; Sinclair ZX81; PS3; XBOX 360; Sega Saturn; Wii; NDS; PSP.

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 12:30:46 AM »
Quote from: Terse;519011
Gaming ended with the Amiga. Period. Full stop.

Gaming ended? Are you sure? Dammit! why wasn't I informed????

Oh wait ... I was playing Uridium and Mario Kart on my Nintendo Wii at the time of your announcment    :rofl: :roflmao: :rofl:
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline bluestarweb

• Show only replies by bluestarweb
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »
best game...superfrog, would love to play that again!

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 08:54:26 PM »
Quote from: JJ;519051
There is something honestly wrong with you people.   Why stop yourself having enjoyment because of some misguided  ideas.  Talk about cutting off you nose to spite your face.

Pssh. I'm a Playstation man, myself. :confused:

I bet the PS3 has PANCAKES! :roflmao:
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 11:47:05 PM »
Quote from: skilgannon;519113
And the English Language ended with you....  A full stop is the same as a period.

I don't spend all day worshiping at the church of Amiga as you obviously do but to call enjoyment of anything other than Amiga "sick" only shows how insular and blinkered you are.

As I said in a previous post; I love my Amiga and everything about it but not at the exclusion of everything else.  

This little poll and post is supposed to be fun - not something to get on your provincial soap box about.  

Oh, look at the time, you better make sure you've turned your amiga on, stroked all the keys from right to left, pointed yourself north, spun three times and said the prayer to Jay Miner before the clock strikes the hour...

Of course gaming continues beyond amiga but i dont need a swos or speedball 2 controled with the analog pad of 360 both games loss more than 50% of plyability.

No one is forced to speak english.
a1200 060

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 11:49:57 PM »
Quote from: Methuselas;521522
Pssh. I'm a Playstation man, myself. :confused:

I bet the PS3 has PANCAKES! :roflmao:

Then you try Super Stardust HD on the playstation network or wait to Dead Nation (well this game is not a classic amiga game but the developers are housemarque) on the playstation network too.

My vote in the pool are swos and speedball but not with pad.
a1200 060

Offline Acill

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »
Speedball 2 is great, one of my all time favorite games.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 12:16:06 AM »
You know, this makes me want to get with some coder and work on a sidescroller for the classic where the main protagonist uses flying pancakes as a weapon. He could even have power ups, such as waffles, blueberry pancakes, etc.

PANCAKEMAN!

He has to look like the Chef from Sesame Street, though. XD If you put Wayne in a chef outfit, Wayne would look just like him. I think it's the stache! =D
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline skilgannonTopic starter

• Show only replies by skilgannon
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;521535

No one is forced to speak english.

That statement I made back then was directed at "Terse" and was only meant in the context of a rebuttal to his nonsense.

I totally agree with you though Kickstart - although these games are on XBLA etc; playability is well below par because of the lack of a digital joystick.  I was actually thinking of gettingon of those digital fighting sticks (designed for Street Fighter) etc - just to play speedball and sensi properly but then, I decided that I would just use my Comp Pro on my actual Amiga if I wanted the full on playability lol
I\'m an IK+ championship winning, goal scoring superstar hero ;)

C= Amiga 600, 3.1 ROM with ACA630, 2mb Chip, CF IDE, Easynet Wifi (once it all arrives!)
CD32; Commodore SX64; C64c, Sinclair QL; Sinclair Spectrum+; Sinclair ZX81; PS3; XBOX 360; Sega Saturn; Wii; NDS; PSP.