Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do people believe the advertising?  (Read 8916 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
Re: Why do people believe the advertising?
« Reply #59 from previous page: April 06, 2010, 11:43:28 AM »
I have to say Windows 7 is the best version of windows I ever used, simple because it works, I have used and owned most versions of windows found problem with all of them, but so far after using win7 for a good few months, no problems, which I'm simple amazed by, there also even a few nice new features, even more amazing! It took microsoft a while but I think they finally built a half decent OS.

As for calling it windows 7, dont really fully understand why they ever changed it to names and dates in the first place. But it better name than my phone, i8910HD why call it such a ramdom name.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;550101
I find Windows7 a pain, but I'm 99.9% MacOSX now (for about 1.5 years) so my opinion doesn't really count.

You left yourself so wide open with that message I am just dying to make a really sarcastic remark about when your opinion ever DID really count, but I am trying to avoid such flame like remarks these days. :laughing:
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;551679
You left yourself so wide open with that message I am just dying to make a really sarcastic remark about when your opinion ever DID really count, but I am trying to avoid such flame like remarks these days. :laughing:
:) perhaps not.

But I found going from WinXP to Win7 like starting on a new operating system... My 5 years of experience with Windows counted for nothing... I wasn't prepared to waste my time learning it :(

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2010, 01:10:16 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;551683
:) perhaps not.

But I found going from WinXP to Win7 like starting on a new operating system... My 5 years of experience with Windows counted for nothing... I wasn't prepared to waste my time learning it :(

Spot on bloodline.  
And the number of features removed (like Classic Start Menu) smacks of "No you'll use the OS the way we think you should.."  Who said "Our lessons of the past make for a better future." ?
IMO: If they want to be evoluntionary then it would make sense,, but they are not evolutionary, just making new something that was done differently before?  Like a jaded FM radio station.

Rant gloves on:
When people compare OS speeds for new OS'es they tend to forget to clean install the older OS under comparison.  Do a clean install of XP to SP3 or Vista to SP2 and compare them in speed on the same hardware to Windows 7.  You will see differences around 3-5%.  3-5% after 10 years you're kidding me.. Don't listen to the hype. If you don't believe me do it youself. Most results are slow enough for a human to compare with a stop watch.. (o:

Hmmm, surely a "totally re-written kernal" would result in faster speeds...Yes I saw someone quote this little chestnut... Well yes it certainly would, in a sensible world..!  
Does that mean the "Kernal" actually hasn't been re-written...Well yes it does, and it hasn't been re-written..!  
So if that's the case on that point how can I tell the difference between what is hype and what is real ?

You can't. So default to hype and you will be right more often than not.

What I object to is that they automatically treat me like an inferior.  

Rant gloves off. Soap box back in corner.

Sorry don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Windows 7 isn't a good OS.  It is.  But I wish it was marketed for what it is.  there's no need to make up stories about it.

Cup'a'tea time.

Gertsy
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:14:27 PM by gertsy »