Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestion: Ban-rationale thread  (Read 7794 times)

Description:

Offline TiredOLife

• Show only replies by TiredOLife
Re: Suggestion: Ban-rationale thread
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 10:53:17 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;656925
Ban Kesa..!

Ban those who ask for others to be banned.
Er, hang on, no wait, nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 10:54:25 PM »
Quote from: Franko;657031
Gawd did you watch that too... worst episode ever... :(

Hey, River Song is rapidly becoming my dream MILF.  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 11:00:41 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;657030
Don't make The Doctor get Rory to put you in the cupboard.

Is this Monty Python? I don't know what this is.

@Franko. Nazi is spelt Nazi not "Zazi".
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 11:02:27 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;656925
Ban Kesa..!

Haha! Where have you been you slimey little devil you?  :)

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 11:07:34 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;657049

@Franko. Nazi is spelt Nazi not "Zazi".

It wus a spulling mistook I mistook the Nazis for the Zazis from the Planet Zong (Third Reich From The Sun), ooops... :o

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:55 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;657049

No, it is last Saturday's episode of Doctor Who entitled "Let's kill Hitler" where teh TARDIS crashes into Hitler's office just as he's about to be killed for war crimes by a time-travelling robot.  Seriously.

The Doctor has Rory lock Hitler in his cupboard.

It was a great way of making a complete, evil wanker like Hitler become a joke on screen.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Franko

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;657057
No, it is last Saturday's episode of Doctor Who entitled "Let's kill Hitler" where teh TARDIS crashes into Hitler's office just as he's about to be killed for war crimes by a time-travelling robot.  Seriously.

It was a great way of making a complete, evil wanker like Hitler become a joke on screen.

I actually forgot the new season had started and Saturdays episode was the first one I saw, WTF happened the Docs changed AGAIN (this ones got a face like an old slipper)... :confused:

Last time I looked he was still Tom Baker... :confused:

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 11:18:51 PM »
Quote from: Franko;657060
I actually forgot the new season had started and Saturdays episode was the first one I saw, WTF happened the Docs changed AGAIN (this ones got a face like an old slipper)... :confused:

Last time I looked he was still Tom Baker... :confused:

LOL.  Damn, this is Matt Smith's SECOND season as The Doctor.  You're way behind.

Personally I think he plays it very much like old Patrick Throughton.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 11:22:31 PM »
Quote from: Franko;657055
It wus a spulling mistook I mistook the Nazis for the Zazis from the Planet Zong (Third Reich From The Sun), ooops... :o

Errmmmm... OK then.

Quote from: Darrin;657057

Oh OK. I'm a Dr Who fan but can't be bothered watching it any more because i hate the new doctor and i think Karen Gillian is a complete slut in real life. Actually i would prefer that Hitler locked Rory in the cupboard instead. Even better Matt Smith :)

Offline ffastback

• Show only replies by ffastback
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »
Using this website is a privilege, not a right.  Donating to this website does not make you a paying customer, it makes you a benevolent benefactor.  Mods do their job for free and they are all open to passing on suggestions to the site owner as far as I am aware.  So if you don't think moderation is fair or that the TOS is fair voice your opinions to them in a PM.  But a ban rationale thread?  The only thing you'll get from that is the trolls filling it up with further demands and BS posts.  As it is they already have great influence on Amiga boards in general.  If you don't see or believe that look at forums for other vintage platforms.

Offline Franko

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 11:53:05 PM »
Quote from: ffastback;657070
Using this website is a privilege, not a right.  Donating to this website does not make you a paying customer, it makes you a benevolent benefactor.  Mods do their job for free and they are all open to passing on suggestions to the site owner as far as I am aware.  So if you don't think moderation is fair or that the TOS is fair voice your opinions to them in a PM.  But a ban rationale thread?  The only thing you'll get from that is the trolls filling it up with further demands and BS posts.  As it is they already have great influence on Amiga boards in general.  If you don't see or believe that look at forums for other vintage platforms.

That is your view and opinion and you are perfectly entitled to them but it doesn't mean I have to agree with anything you said... :)

What happens on other forums is of no concern to me unless I use them and as for the silly wee made up terms "Trolls" & "Trolling", well I have expressed my views on those silly terms before as nothing but silly wee made up words, used as an excuse for those who haven't the ability to simply accept that other posters may not share the same views as those who can only ever respond with those pathetic terms because they simply cannot put together a rational argument... ;)

Offline ffastback

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:34 AM »
Quote from: Franko;657071
as for the silly wee made up terms "Trolls" & "Trolling", well I have expressed my views on those silly terms before as nothing but silly wee made up words, used as an excuse for those who haven't the ability to simply accept that other posters may not share the same views as those who can only ever respond with those pathetic terms because they simply cannot put together a rational argument... ;)

On its face your argument is flawed since it assumes everyone posts from their true opinions only and that no one gets off on being purposeful troublemakers for the hell of it. ;)

Offline Franko

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 12:11:41 AM »
Quote from: ffastback;657073
On its face your argument is flawed since it assumes everyone posts from their true opinions only and that no one gets off on being purposeful troublemakers for the hell of it. ;)

Maybe so, but why would I instantly presume something someone has posted is not the truth and that what they have said is only being said in order to cause trouble... :confused:

I tend to (just like real life) observe what people say on a regular basis and take this into account before responding to them as I don't know these people personally... :)

Therefore it would be pretty arrogant to instantly presume that any post I read by someone is just out to cause trouble or not their true opinion... ;)

Offline Tension

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 12:53:29 AM »
doctor who is a ****

Offline ffastback

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 01:05:02 AM »
Quote from: Franko;657075
Maybe so, but why would I instantly presume something someone has posted is not the truth and that what they have said is only being said in order to cause trouble... :confused:

No one said you (or anyone) should.  

I tend to (just like real life) observe what people say on a regular basis and take this into account before responding to them as I don't know these people personally...

As do most people...your point?

Therefore it would be pretty arrogant to instantly presume that any post I read by someone is just out to cause trouble or not their true opinion...

If you were silly enough to do so yes you would be being pretty arrogant indeed.

Offline Franko

« Reply #44 from previous page: August 31, 2011, 01:19:21 AM »
Quote from: ffastback;657080
As do most people...your point?

Point is here (which I can either assume you have deliberately missed or genuinely haven't got it) is based upon experience on this site, while most do there are a very large number who don't... :)

Quote from: ffastback;657080
If you were silly enough to do so yes you would be being pretty arrogant indeed.

As I think I already made that clear then your point is ???