Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: www.softhut.com  (Read 17016 times)

Description:

Offline lofstudio

• Show only replies by lofstudio
Re: www.softhut.com
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 25, 2009, 11:32:53 PM »
Apparently it's the SCSI bit that's causing delays. I heard from Joe today:

>At 12:43 PM 7/22/2009, you wrote:
>Joe,

>I hate to keep bothering you about this, but is there any news on the
>1200 accelerators with SCSI yet?

Sorry nothing, Mike had to go back to the Philippines. If he can ship direct this week fine if not I am going to cancel and refund the boards with scsi. The only other option is to go with one without scsi if you want to do that
A3000: 2mb chip, 8mb fast; Buddha Flash Phoenix; some cheapo CD-ROM; OS 3.1 + lots of Macs

Offline tribz

• Show only replies by tribz
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 12:58:55 AM »
Quote from: Firedawg;516775
I think thief is a very strong and offensive word to be using.  Yes, Joe has not been very responsive to updates concerning availability and the production issues concerning the accelerator cards.  For those who have requested a refund Joe has made good, so there is no thief about it, if you want to cancel your order request a refund.

The Dawg

As an impartial observer, I dont think he did call him a thief. There is a subtle difference to the way it is phrased. It would appear from his post though that he has tried to contact him and has had no reply. Lets not be too quick to shoot him down for being concerned about his hard earned money.

Offline amiga92570

• Show only replies by amiga92570
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 01:54:57 AM »
I just have to respond, as someone who has dealt with softhut regularly . Softhut is very prompt with shipments, very knowledgable with amiga products. I have not ordered this from him on this board shipment, but I expect he is as frustrated as anyone. I am sure he has set this up for the amiga users thinking he is doing something good. Softhut is always there bringing products to an obsolete platform. I am sure he will refund if boards are not available.
I remember sending money to venders years ago, you would never hear from them again. I do not believe this is the case, I think softhut is trying to sort this out.
Amiga92570
==========================
(1) 4000T/040 (2)3000t CS 060/233ppc Picasso IV video, (2)D-box 1200 blizzard 060/200ppc Mediator fastATA, (1)amiga 1200 Power tower, (1)amiga 1200 EZ tower with mediator,1200/030/50mhz, (3) amiga 500 with CSA Mega Midget Racer and Trump card AT, (2) amiga 600 one with M-tec 030, (3) CD32 one sx32, two sx32-pro, More accessories and parts than I want to admit to

Offline Firedawg

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Firedawg
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 03:05:34 AM »
Quote from: tribz;516864
As an impartial observer, I dont think he did call him a thief. There is a subtle difference to the way it is phrased. It would appear from his post though that he has tried to contact him and has had no reply. Lets not be too quick to shoot him down for being concerned about his hard earned money.

Hmm, subtle difference in the phrasing?  Well, lets call it insinuating then, and where I come from its that same as calling him a thief, but taking more of a back door approach.

Give Maurice this telephone number 610-793-2354 and have him ask for Joe.  Surely, he has been reading these threads concerning the issues with the boards with the scsi on board.  I have given numerous updates along with others that have come from Joe, so information has been available.  My advise to Maurice is to cancel his order and request his money back.

The Dawg

Amiga 4000T/60 - A2000/60 - 1200T/60, Soldered Up 3 x Minimig 1.1, Mac Mini 1.5 Running MacOSX/MOS 2.7-Registered

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 01:51:16 AM »
I have ordered my 4060 board and 32MB of GVP ram (for my combo 040) and i have received them long ago include 64MB of test ram for the 4060. i have never had any problems with my emails to Joe always get an answer in at least one day sometimes a few hours. I have bought from Amigakit, Software Hut, and Red's i have have been very happy with all and i am grateful for them all.
And i must say i have spent a great deal on my Amiga's and have never once questioned whether my money was going to get lost from any of them.
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »
I never received my Typhoon+SCSI, but Joe did (after multiple requests) issue a refund.

Offline Marien

• Show only replies by Marien
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 02:57:40 PM »
I have at plan buy any Amiga HW from SoftHut. First I sent email to Joe with questions as to of that thing. Joe answer me within 6 hours !!! I sent him any questions for detailed informations and Joe answer me very quickly again. I think a communication with this man is great.
A1200 desktop, B060/66, Indivision AGA, 4GB CF Flash, Individual CatWeasel MKII
WHDLoad registered user, Amiga bastler.

Offline Moto

• Show only replies by Moto
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
Quote from: Marien;524612
I have at plan buy any Amiga HW from SoftHut. First I sent email to Joe with questions as to of that thing. Joe answer me within 6 hours !!! I sent him any questions for detailed informations and Joe answer me very quickly again. I think a communication with this man is great.
+1 for SoftHut.  I am recently getting back into the Amiga and I ordered a few parts from Joe last week and he has been very responsive to my questions.

I was actually unpacking some old boxes last night and found a receipt from SoftHut dating back to 1994!  It was for a DataFlyer IDE controller for a 2000.  I didn't remember at the time I was on the web site because back in 94 there was no site. :-)  

I also found receipts for a place called AmigaMan which doesn't seem to be around any longer.

I am very thankful and grateful that places like SoftHut and AmigaKit are still around and providing an invaluable service to the Amiga community!

-daniel
500, 1200, 4000T

Offline tomv1to

• Show only replies by tomv1to
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 02:33:45 AM »
Do softhut still operate and do they deliver to the UK?

I just shot them off an email but on the news section of the website it shows that the site hasn't been updated since 2005? They actually have quite an amazing array of stock, but do they actually have everything their website claims?

Is that just because Amiga hardware really hasn't moved on much in the past four years?

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 02:49:00 AM »
They're still in business, and I believe they ship world wide. Just send them an email describing what you need, and they'll let you know if they have it or can get it. Since you're in the UK, you might want to start with AmigaKit instead; however, Software Hut tends (or tended, in the past) to be good at tracking down hard to find items.

Offline tomv1to

• Show only replies by tomv1to
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 03:03:22 AM »
I was just curious because they seem to have an amazing amount of Amiga 4000 stuff listed on the site.

Offline waltermixxx

• Show only replies by waltermixxx
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 03:48:04 AM »
I have been very pleased with Software Hut, Joe has been very responsive, and has answered all my emails... :)   Cheers.  :)

Offline waltermixxx

• Show only replies by waltermixxx
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2010, 11:55:04 PM »
well oddly enough since I made my purchase and the money was received via paypal, I have not heard back from them... No status on the delivery,
No reply to any of my inquiries...

I'm hoping they are on holidays or something, as I have emailed several times inquiring about my purchase and have heard nothing back... I'm hanging in there but It's been since December 20th, and no word...

I will update if I do hear back... if not I'm out some money...

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2010, 04:24:45 AM »
Quote from: Trev;457133
We certainly do. I'm often a "difficult customer," and both have taken it in stride.

Hi,

@Trev,

Seeing that you have a penguin avatar, this could possibly mean that you are one of those difficult Linux users which gives everybody a hard time, especially computer users on hardware or software, or this could mean that you just like penguins and being just like them you are a cold hardhearted Sorry Old Bloke who just likes to be difficult.

Which is it?

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline mitchd61

• Show only replies by mitchd61
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2010, 04:46:34 AM »
Quote from: waltermixxx;535871
well oddly enough since I made my purchase and the money was received via paypal, I have not heard back from them... No status on the delivery,

I'm hoping they are on holidays or something, as I have emailed several times inquiring about my purchase and have heard nothing back... I'm hanging in there but It's been since December 20th, and no word...

I sent them an email 3-4 days ago and haven't heard anything back as of yet. It was just a general inquiry about an item, so maybe they are away for the holidays.
Amiga 500/GVP A530 Turbo
Amiga 600

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2010, 04:46:50 AM »
Quote from: waltermixxx;535871

I will update if I do hear back... if not I'm out some money...

Vacation seems to be a likely excuse for the lack of communication between Christmas and New Year's.  Hopefully you will get a reply by Monday afternoon.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)