Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigamaniac  (Read 29021 times)

Description:

Offline HavieTopic starter

• Show only replies by Havie
Amigamaniac
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »
Just to say that I received my PSX to DB9 cables the other day and they are brilliant. Very well built (very professional) and work a treat. Can recommend that anyone playing games on their Amiga get one or two. The have solved the most frustrating Amiga gaming problem ever - Nova bombs in Battle Squadron (no more random and frantic rotation of the stick just press a button and 'booooom').

Up for jump -pah, I clone a button.

Straff in Gloom - brilliant.

No more paying over the odds for a dodgy CD32 controller- just use a PS1/2 controller and pop it in CD32 mode!

Also, had lots of good communication with Nathan who seems to be snowed under with loads of orders. He's a good guy, if you're waiting for something, just give him a chance and it will come.

And finally, remember, without people like Amigamaniac, our Amiga experiences will be less rich and pleasurable.

Offline paul1981

Re: Amigamaniac
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:43:54 PM »
Quote from: Havie;694075
Just to say that I received my PSX to DB9 cables the other day and they are brilliant. Very well built (very professional) and work a treat. Can recommend that anyone playing games on their Amiga get one or two. The have solved the most frustrating Amiga gaming problem ever - Nova bombs in Battle Squadron (no more random and frantic rotation of the stick just press a button and 'booooom').

Up for jump -pah, I clone a button.

No more paying over the odds for a dodgy CD32 controller- just use a PS1/2 controller and pop it in CD32 mode!

Also, had lots of good communication with Nathan who seems to be snowed under with loads of orders. He's a good guy, if you're waiting for something, just give him a chance and it will come.

And finally, remember, without people like Amigamaniac, our Amiga experiences will be less rich and pleasurable.

Hmmm...I might be interested in getting a couple of these. Do you have a photo of the adapter? I've checked his site and it says not for A600 yet, and that's what I'd want to use it with. Just my luck!

Offline SIR-GERMAN

• Show only replies by SIR-GERMAN
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 11:35:10 PM »
also do you get the fully functional Amiga cd32 controller with this device ?

Offline GeneralLee

• Show only replies by GeneralLee
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 06:56:36 PM »
I orderd an svhs adapter from him in May.. I still haven't got it I got two replies months ago telling me he used to lie about delivery times.. after that no responses at all. I would NOT recommend this guy..

Offline midway

• Show only replies by midway
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:09:41 AM »
I concur. Ordered and paid in july, never got any feedback from nathan cadwallen, only automated email responses. Filed a claim and will receive my money back. Stay away.

Offline Ni72ous

• Show only replies by Ni72ous
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 08:22:05 AM »
I ordered something from nathan a few months back, had no problems, delivery was quick considering it shipped from australia to the uk.
Ni72ous

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »
Good news...
Nathan has contacted users again.
He's been having some health issues and explained it all really well in the e-mail.
Suffice to say, he's getting back to clearing things up.

I can totally sympathize there...
Although different, I'm going thru some health issues myself and last week was finally able to breathe easier when I heard the word "non-malignant".  :-)

So, all the best to Nathan; and everyone who has dealings with him currently should be getting them resolved before too long..

All the best Nathan!

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline terminator4

• Show only replies by terminator4
    • http://none
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »
i'm waiting over 2 months for my rgb vga adapters... hmmm Nathan were art thou?
The speed of service and communiation (reply to email over 2 months) is something desired and to be worked on.  

[/QUOTE]

Offline tasmanian guy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »
Well I've waited almost a year...so I'm first in line :-P

I am glad that Nathan is back, one of the saviours for Amiga users!
Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline amigean

• Show only replies by amigean
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »
Come on guys, this is a hobby. If you expect timely delivery from a one-man band, doing hand-made custom manufactures for 20 year old + machines at prices that don't pay minimum wage then you need a reality check.

Nathan is a good lad, doing this small community in service, for prices that don't really justify the wingeing/complaints directed at him. Plus, he was unfortunate enough to go through very real health issues, that cannot be anticipated in advance.

Thanks very much Nathan! :-)

Offline Bamiga2002

• Show only replies by Bamiga2002
    • http://rutinskiband.net
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »
I don't mind the waiting but the thing was lack of communication. And no, automated email messages don't count as such. But he has now contacted people and things seem to be in check so it's all good I think.
CD32
A500

Offline terminator4

• Show only replies by terminator4
    • http://none
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 09:09:50 AM »
yes email reply "i haven't forgotten you, i hope to get thsi doen within 30 days " would be nice.

Offline midway

• Show only replies by midway
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 06:31:10 AM »
Quote from: terminator4;708071
yes email reply "i haven't forgotten you, i hope to get thsi doen within 30 days " would be nice.

True. He does not respond to any email. I am sorry but even if it is a hobby, communication is basically all one needs. Too bad.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 06:44:27 AM »

Strafe in GLoom?!? I wonder if mine does that. I got mine off the guy who originally designed these a while before Maniac carried them. How'd you set it up?
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline 560SL

• Show only replies by 560SL
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 08:55:04 AM »
I ordered and paid for a couple of A3000 ATX adapter cables three months ago and havent heard zip since.

Oh well...
AmigaOS: Forward Into The Past