Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LIBS versions and updates`  (Read 611 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: LIBS versions and updates`
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 03, 2015, 08:12:37 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;798704
That would be great!  I'm sure a few of us here would use such a tool.  :)

That helps with motivation, I'll try make some time over the weekend to start up work on it again.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline mechy

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 05:16:24 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;798704
That would be great!  I'm sure a few of us here would use such a tool.  :)

I agree, it would be nice.

Back in the olden days around early 2000's? there was a website with all the updated mui libs and i seem to remember having my 4000 automated to update libs from there. cant recall for the life of me what the prog was that did it.  maybe i just dreamed this?

this is not it, but hmmm...  http://www.hofmann-int.de/products/amiga/mui/MCC-Install.shtml.en

Offline nicholas

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 09:13:18 AM »
Most recent version I could find last night is from August 28th 2013 and isn't SAS/C compilable so I must have a newer version backed up somewhere.

If I can't find anything newer at the weekend I'll use this version to carry on working with.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline dschallockTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 05:21:07 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;798773
Most recent version I could find last night is from August 28th 2013 and isn't SAS/C compilable so I must have a newer version backed up somewhere.

If I can't find anything newer at the weekend I'll use this version to carry on working with.

Not to derail this thread too much, and forgive the amateur programmer question... but I seem to remember the last C compiler coming out for the Amiga as Storm C and if my memory serves SAS/C was the defacto when Amiga first began.  Is there any consideration beyond personal preference when it comes to which C environment/compiler you use when writing a piece of software in C for the 68k Amiga now-a-days?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 06:21:57 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;798784
Not to derail this thread too much, and forgive the amateur programmer question... but I seem to remember the last C compiler coming out for the Amiga as Storm C and if my memory serves SAS/C was the defacto when Amiga first began.  Is there any consideration beyond personal preference when it comes to which C environment/compiler you use when writing a piece of software in C for the 68k Amiga now-a-days?

Short answer: OCD. ;)

StormC is an IDE that uses GCC for compiling code. I like to compile it with SAS/C as it arguably creates tighter/faster binaries than GCC but also because it keeps it old school :)

VBCC is probably the best 68k compiler though.