Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DOpus software failure  (Read 385 times)

Description:

Offline sjprohaskaTopic starter

• Show only replies by sjprohaska
DOpus software failure
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:36:15 PM »
Hi,

I apologize in advance if this topic has been brought up. I recently purchased a CF card from Amigakit along with an ACA1233 accelerator board. The CF card came pre-partitioned with their OS install software and DOpus 4.16. After inserting the board and installing Workbench 3.1, when ever I try to launch DOpus I get a software failure error with options to suspend or reboot. I did some online searching and came to the conclusion the cause has to do with the ACA1233 not being configured properly. Amigakit confirmed this but offered no advice. My question: What tweaks or settings can resolve this? Are there any specific ACA Tune commands that will fix this? I have not run any ACA Tune commands yet (other than status) becasue I'm still reading up on what they actually do. I'm a bit of a newb so any help would be appreciated. This is an A1200 with 3.1 Roms and Workbench 3.1. I bought the A1200 (NOS) from Amigakit 6 years ago and I believe they corrected any potential motherboard "timing issues."

Thanks,
Steve

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: DOpus software failure
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:24:22 PM »
I don't have an ACA but here's a quick thread I googled up - see @fitzsteve's post about halfway down for a good summary of ACATune commands:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-68501.html

Maybe post what settings you're using now (you do have it running correctly as the first line in your startup-sequence, right?), and someone else who owns the accelerator will be able to point out what's wrong?  ;)

There's another thread about configuring these that I believe was about 100 posts long, but danged if I can find a link right now!
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline sjprohaskaTopic starter

• Show only replies by sjprohaska
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 09:34:39 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll look at that thread when I get home later.  As for startup sequence, I don't have one enabled yet because I don't know the most basic one to use.  I've looked at the manual on the Individual Computers wiki, and I can't tell which startup command I should be using.  There are lists of commands for specific things, but I don't see one that says this is how you "turn it on."

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »
Quote from: sjprohaska;787542
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll look at that thread when I get home later.  As for startup sequence, I don't have one enabled yet because I don't know the most basic one to use.  I've looked at the manual on the Individual Computers wiki, and I can't tell which startup command I should be using.  There are lists of commands for specific things, but I don't see one that says this is how you "turn it on."

You want it running as the first line in your startup-sequence since that's what activates most of the features of the card.

Check this thread, too.  Since you already have the 3.1 ROM you can safely ignore the first few pages.  However if by chance you're using ClassicWB you'll definitely want to read the last few pages:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68656
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 01:59:04 AM »
Question: How did you install OS3.1 without it generating a Startup-Sequence?

Comment: When you enable the FastROM option on that accelerator it absolutely flies!