Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Return to a more strict TOS enforcement?  (Read 16673 times)

Description:

Offline Plaz

Re: Return to a more strict TOS enforcement?
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 06:17:15 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;628262
Actually if you follow my post history

Yes, you've clearly not been yourself lately. (And no I'm not referring to moobunny account spoofing :))

Plaz

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 06:23:38 AM »
plaz

Never had one post on moobuny.. Actually I dont read it much at all even during the 'fun' days.. I really despise the color scheme...
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline Plaz

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:09 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;628277
Never had one post on moobuny..

I posted a bit back when the thing first opened up to public posting. It went down hill immediately after that. Matter of fact it's where I first got slammed by BBRV now that I think about it.

I remember way back when it was just art display and a personal blog. I liked it much better then.

Plaz

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 08:01:25 AM »
Personal attacks need to come to a halt.  As for the C-USA deal, no - such content should not be "banished" from A.org IF it pertains to Amiga users.  Shouldn't be crammed in peoples faces by "the powers that be" or their friends, either.  No one sees a tablet or commodity HW box with an Amiga wallpaper as the grand savior for the Amiga legacy, however.  That being said, the whole polarized C-USA deal is a complete hot button topic that causes 99% of the conflicts lately.  Some of the absolutely vehement posts from long term members that have erupted in the form of wild personal insults, well:  people WILL walk away from A.org if it continues.  There's a big difference between a joker taking a relatively innocent cheap shot post on someone, then you got guys DEMANDING JUSTICE AND IMMEDIATE BANS while calling others every name in the book on a personal level if people have alternate opinions to their own.  (Magnetic, mainly - nothing personal, dude.  Your posts make the place very unpleasant, far worse than what Franko could ever do - it's unbearable)  A.org is becoming a very unpleasant place to follow.  That sucks.  We'll never all "just get along", but the fact that people are leaving should send a clear message that the ship is veering off course, no?  I'm a SAM/OS4 user, which certainly puts me in a minority.  I started to follow A.org because of the sense of community, the sense that everyone here was here to learn something, to lend a hand.  There's been very, very little kinship here lately, the place is absolutely venomous and bordering on intolerable, forcing people to leave.

Offline Khephren

• Show only replies by Khephren
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 08:10:26 AM »
As soon as someone makes a personal attack, the post should be edited and a warning given. A second indescretion in the same thread should lead to a 24 hour cooling off period (i.e. a ban).

CUSA threads should go in the correct section ('CommodoreUSA Partners with Disney' is under the wrong forum heading, imho), and not on the front page unless directly Amiga related. That way, if people go looking fro CUSA threads, it's their own doing. Mods should attempt to remain  bipartisan.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:12:41 AM by Khephren »

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 08:12:21 AM »
Duce

Sorry man.. I'll try to stop but maybe  I should just not post anymore as I cant stand certain peoples post. So I should stop alltogether.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »
So this thread has turned into a -MODERATED- mess as well.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:27:51 PM by redrumloa »

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 08:31:08 AM »
Dealing with Troublesome Users        Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?
  If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want  to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them,  then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several  ways to do this:
  Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List.  Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.
  What if I see something offensive?
  You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board.  These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you  find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:34:47 AM by TheBilgeRat »

Offline Belial6

• Show only replies by Belial6
    • http://www.glasshead.net
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 09:47:03 AM »
This whole 'banish CUSA' thing is silly.  Even the idea of 'banish CUSA off the front page' is silly.  If CUSA is not 'Amiga' enough, then neither it s OS4.  The original Commodore didn't make it, and never made anything for the PPC.  So, MorphOS is out too.  The MiniMig is certainly not a 68000, and RetroReplay isn't a real Amiga.  Nor is Natami.  We can banish Amithalon as no different than CUSA, since it was just Linux on an x86 with emulation and some integration.  And we can't forget to banish UAE.  We could give AROS a pass, but only for the 68000 as that is the only version that runs on an actual Amiga.

By the time you banish everything that wasn't produced by or for the one true commodore, you have very little left.

Amiga.org is in the unfortunate situation that it has a few members who go out of their way to troll the board and insult other members.  The moderators don't want to be over zealous, so those individuals get worse.  It isn't hard to figure out who are doing it just to be disruptive, and who isn't.  The worst offenders periodically will openly brag about how good they are at causing problems on the board.

Offline cicero790

• Show only replies by cicero790
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 09:49:13 AM »
Moderation gives structure.
A1200 030 40MHz: 2/32MB Indivision AGA MkII
A600 7 MHz: 2MB
AROS 600 MHz
PC 13600 MHz: quad core i7 2600K 3.4GHz: 16GB RAM: ATI HD6950 2GB   (Yes I know)

WINUAE AmiKit ClassicWB AmigaSYS UAE4Droid  

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628153
Would you like to see the TOS more strictly enforced as in the past?

I like it fine the way it is.

Don't turn this into another AW.net, where a great deal of the discussions are about what should/shouldn't be allowed to be discussed, and by whom, with regular polls to try to ban whole subjects of discussions, etc. That's madness. There is already one "TOS.net", let's keep it that way. There is no issue here, and if it aint broken, don't try to fix it. It will only mess things up.
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Khephren

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:08 AM »
Quote from: Belial6;628327
This whole 'banish CUSA' thing is silly.  Even the idea of 'banish CUSA off the front page' is silly.  If CUSA is not 'Amiga' enough, then neither it s OS4.  The original Commodore didn't make it, and never made anything for the PPC.  So, MorphOS is out too.  The MiniMig is certainly not a 68000, and RetroReplay isn't a real Amiga.  Nor is Natami.  We can banish Amithalon as no different than CUSA, since it was just Linux on an x86 with emulation and some integration.  And we can't forget to banish UAE.  We could give AROS a pass, but only for the 68000 as that is the only version that runs on an actual Amiga.

By the time you banish everything that wasn't produced by or for the one true commodore, you have very little left.

Amiga.org is in the unfortunate situation that it has a few members who go out of their way to troll the board and insult other members.  The moderators don't want to be over zealous, so those individuals get worse.  It isn't hard to figure out who are doing it just to be disruptive, and who isn't.  The worst offenders periodically will openly brag about how good they are at causing problems on the board.

All the things you mention are derivatives of AmigaOS, so are directly Amiga related. If CUSA produce something Amiga related, we have every right to see it on these boards, and i'd expect to.  If they produced an alternative AmigaOS, or an workbench like linux with UAE built in? that would have to count.

Your quite far off the beaten track though, an silk screened logo on an android tablet or C64 PC case bares no relation to something that will run Amiga software, and should not be compared to most of your examples. As an Amigan, i'm quite surprised you can't see the difference.

That doesn't mean there is not a place for these things, it's just people should judge carefully which forum to post them into, and whether or not they are Amiga newsworthy enough to hit the front page.

This is Amiga.org. Not Amiga brand name.org, or commodore.org. The machine(s) that run the OS and software are why (most) of us are here.

As for trolling on the boards,your right, CUSA threads would not be half as bad if our Mods would come down on the worst offenders a bit more often.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:14:21 AM by Khephren »

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 10:30:26 AM »
Quote from: Argo;628219
That would be nice. Sadly, some people are very polarized over this CUSA issue.

Well then remove the problem that is fancy cased overpriced Linux based PCs as news on an AMIGA forum ;)

My PSP runs UAE....should we have announcements about PSP 2 or PSP phone on here too? :roflmao:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 10:33:47 AM »
The TOS have never been oppressively enforced on this site, that's why we are here.

There are bunch of "New Users" who don't get that A.org is about users more than some lump of plastic and metal... We all have a common interest and that's brought us together, but we stay for the social!

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 10:36:54 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;628341
The TOS have never been oppressively enforced on this site, that's why we are here.

There are bunch of "New Users" who don't get that A.org is about users more than some lump of plastic and metal... We all have a common interest and that's brought us together, but we stay for the social!

Anyone in particular in mind... :)

Offline Khephren

« Reply #59 from previous page: April 05, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »
Quote from: Amiga_Nut;628339
Well then remove the problem that is fancy cased overpriced Linux based PCs as news on an AMIGA forum ;)

My PSP runs UAE....should we have announcements about PSP 2 or PSP phone on here too? :roflmao:

no....but PSP UAE would be fine! forum/Amiga Emulation
Hell, you could have threads about the PSP in some of the coffee house forums.