Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Catweasel (PCI/Flipper)  (Read 3622 times)

Description:

Offline Ohno

• Show only replies by Ohno
Re: New Catweasel (PCI/Flipper)
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 13, 2002, 10:34:28 AM »
I ordered it quite some time ago already, but apart from a order-confirmation I haven't heard anything from it since (My Credit card hasn't been charged so far either).. So I guess they're still not shipping.

Regards,

Onno

Offline Ohno

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2002, 05:31:18 PM »
... And today I got it in.... Too bad I have to leave in a minute already.. am very busy...
Will try it as soon as possible and let you know.

Regards,

Onno

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2002, 07:09:54 PM »
... And today I got it in.... Too bad I have to leave in a minute already.. am very busy... Will try it as soon as possible and let you know.

Great! :-)

Offline Ohno

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2002, 05:59:18 PM »
Hmmm... not much luck so far with my first experiences using the Catweasel MK3 Flipper board. The board looks really nice, but the documentation is just one page, which basically tells you that the hardware is in its final state, but the software still needs a lot of work (what is it with Amiga-companies selling hardware before the software is done?) and to look on the internet site at the docs of the other Catweasel Amiga-board for information.
Also it tells you that there are no Windows-drivers available for the joystick-ports and that there is no software-support for the SID-chip other than what Win2K/WinXP provides through P&P.

Then there is a label-less CD-R provided with a set of emulators (doesn't seem to have an Amiga-emulator for Windows on there), but a lot of other emulators are provided (like Frodo for C64-emulation). Also the Windows-drivers for the floppy-controller are on that CD-R.

Also there is an ImageTool for Windows on the CD. When I started it, it offered me to read/write Amiga/PC Floppies in Double Density or High Density. But reading Amiga disks just failed for me (errors on each sector, while the diskdrive doesn't even make a sound). So it looks as if I'm using an unsupported diskdrive: They recommend using TEAC drives and inform you that some drives like Mitsumi or Samsung don't work at all :(

I still have to check that, but it looks like I won't be able to give you any real review of how well it works on short notice.

Regards,

Onno

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2002, 08:17:32 PM »
Ok, great that you have tried it out though. :-) Guess it's no use trying to do something with it until final software versions are available.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2002, 01:47:35 AM »
Today I noticed in the news section at Individual Computers that there's a driver update for the Catweasel. :-)