Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are there any valuable Amiga games?  (Read 6870 times)

Description:

Offline Jope

Re: Are there any valuable Amiga games?
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 09:13:06 PM »
Quote from: ribdevil1;656219
I think that Great Giana Sister was Shareware, not comercial.

Red Sector Inc made it freeware, but it was a commercial game.

One of the rarest of the well known games for the Amiga, as the Nintendo lawsuit got it pulled off the shelves very soon, yet everyone has played a pirated version.

Offline orb85750Topic starter

• Show only replies by orb85750
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 03:37:46 PM »
Quote from: Gilthanaz;654353
I've seen Zak Mc Kracken go for 280 US$ on Ebay. Also, Apidya is about 70 - 80 Euros nowadays. I got a hold on "The Patrician" and learned its usually about 50 US$. Amberstar, Ambermoon and Eye of the Beholder I/II go for insane prices as well sometimes.

Dune II ... still trying to get a hold on that one :/

- G

Edit:
I just bought Indy IV (Fate of Atlantis) in mint condition for 15$, so good luck to the guy who wants several hundred for it...

Edit2:
I had an offer for 45$ for Maniac Mansion in mint condition, but couldn't get over myself to pay that much at the moment...

Not seeking to contradict you, *but* I've also seen a couple of the games you mention go for under $10 complete in box.  In fact, I bought one of them myself for a few dollars.

Offline LaserBack

• Show only replies by LaserBack
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »
turrican 2 and 3 are not rare games on the amiga but generally sold very well at 50u$ as minimum
bckid also is expensive when an original in mint condition appears

Offline spirantho

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 07:26:12 AM »
Ultima isn't expensive... I just sold V and VI for just over £40 for the pair, new in box.
Moonstone regularly gets
£80 or so, I'd take 10 at $10!
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
Quote from: orb85750;654111
A couple of days ago on eBay, I saw a used, boxed copy of Castles of Doctor Creep (for the C64) sell for $280.  Are there any valuable Amiga games?

Dunno about amiga games but this C64 gem should be quite valuable:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 10:26:42 AM »
@ajlwalker

Yeah, the Gametek version (super street fighter turbo). I accidently omitted though that its specifically the cd32 version which is valuable. AGA version is still uncommon so probably worth a little money too (dont quote me on this though), but the cd32 version Ive seen only twice, and both times it went for roughlty $500.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
Quote from: Piru;656418
Dunno about amiga games but this C64 gem should be quite valuable:

I wonder for how much longer though. These things go in waves, nobody born in the last 25 years will care.

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »
Quote from: Florida;654114
Then there is of course 'Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis' right now on E-Bay. Seller is asking $650 for it.

I've got two words for anyone thinking I'll pay that sort of cash!
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline ajlwalker

• Show only replies by ajlwalker
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »
@fishy fiz

Thanks for the reply.  Typical.

I just checked completed listings on ebay and nothing, so perhaps, like you say, mine is worth something afterall.

Offline NorthWay

• Show only replies by NorthWay
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 05:04:02 PM »
I do not know about valuable, but I do know rare: Monkey Business. (Made by the Bruce Lee / Zorro people.) Never seen a crack.

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 05:57:04 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;656416
Ultima isn't expensive... I just sold V and VI for just over £40 for the pair, new in box.

I think the Ultimas value are really the Apple II versions.  I've seen some of the C64 versions fetch a decent amount also...  

It's tricky, because the Amiga doesn't seem (to me) to be in that "collectible" age/range yet..  It's not one of the first like the Apple's (No, don't go into the Altair or the SOL's here.. ;-) .

The things that are really expensive for the Amiga are the things that are rare and yet people still want to use (68060 cards, video cards, etc)..

When I see sealed copies of Mindwalker actually selling for hundreds, then we'll have reached collectible status..  
IMHO

desiv
(p.s.  Have you tried to buy a sealed (well, in it's plastic baggie) copy of Akalabeth for the Apple II???  ;-)
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline Dragster

• Show only replies by Dragster
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »
Hey all,

Well, I've been buying some games recently... most of the ones I've seen go for good cash are Zac McKraken and Maniac Mansion, some rare/old peysnosis games like Brattacaz, Agony (though not so rare but still expensive), Traps & Treasures (went for over 100 ukp the last one I saw) and P.P.Hammer which I offered over 100 euro for and still went out of my hands...

Cheers,

Dragster
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 06:07:13 PM »
Haven't a scooby doo where you guys are looking but on eBay UK (which I check every day) Amiga games very rarely even sell at just 99pence boxed or not... ;)

Most of these games get re-listed time after time without any takers (often wonder why the sellers do it) and very rarely do you see a game selling for more than around £20... ;)

Current List Of Amiga Games On Ebay UK...

Offline DLH

• Show only replies by DLH
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »
Emerald's Mine for the CD32 always seems to bring $50 or more.

For such a popular game they must not have sold very many original copies.

I haven't ever seen the floppy version forsale.

DLH

Offline psxphill

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »
Quote from: NorthWay;656496
I do not know about valuable, but I do know rare: Monkey Business. (Made by the Bruce Lee / Zorro people.) Never seen a crack.

A quick google shows it was written by Ron J Fortier (who did bruce lee, not zorro) and was released by other valley software (which was founded by Ron). The only version available online appears to be on the ST.

You could ask here:
http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/hasrg/histsci/index.htm

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 28, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »
Quote from: desiv;656515
I think the Ultimas value are really the Apple II versions.  I've seen some of the C64 versions fetch a decent amount also...  

Ultima: Escape from Mt. Drash for the VIC 20 is probably the most valuable one. I've still got my original cassette, but sadly the box and manual are long gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima:_Escape_from_Mt._Drash