Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ACACLOCK command issues with ACA1221EC accelerator  (Read 479 times)

Description:

Offline zoinksTopic starter

ACACLOCK command issues with ACA1221EC accelerator
« on: November 22, 2017, 04:22:12 PM »
Has anyone had any success using the ACAclock command with an ACA1221EC accelerator board?

Just purchased the ACA500Plus and the ACA1221EC  from Individual Computers, for my A500 plus. The product pages directs you to a wiki to download software to configure the card.  Key amongst them is the ACAclock command that is supposed to live in startup-sequence to set the clock speed of the accelerator.  The version that the wiki points you to, just crashes on the Amiga.  After contacting Individual Computers, they advised my that that version predates the cards and I should use the version for the ACA1233n instead.  

Well that version runs without crashing, but fails to set the clock speed (see screenshot).  The next thing they told me to try is setting the speed in flash instead using the ACA1221ECflash command.  That appears to work, but then the Amiga become unstable and only boots about 1 in 10 times.

The next thing they told me to try is a different PSU.  Well fortuanatley I had a spare - but that has made no difference.

I am waiting for a response form Individual Computers, but they are not very speedy at present.

I'd be interested to learn of other members experience with this card, especially on an Amiga 500plus.