Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?  (Read 7625 times)

Description:

Offline Borut

• Show only replies by Borut
    • http://www.crt-software.com
Re: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?
« Reply #44 from previous page: November 22, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
Nemac IV don´t deserves such a judge. Well it wasn´t that atmospheric but besides this great.
Don´t know if You can blame Vulcan for their other games but Genetic Species was/is awesome!

U.S. Gold really made some crap - in the beginning I liked Italy 90 but later it was seen very crappy especially compared to Sensible Soccer.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 11:27:43 PM »
"Alien Fires" aka "People Standing In Hallways"

Offline djrikki

• Show only replies by djrikki
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 12:45:52 AM »
Okay this slightly off-topic, but nonetheless an ideal place to share it.

Yesterday I played PP Hammer for a solid hour, great game lol

What really made me laugh (heh am chucking at the very thought of it as I type), and I guarantee you'll never see it again in a modern kids game because everything is sooo damn PC these days and games have to be certificated if they want to reach the shop floor blah de blah

...I digress... if you leave the central character on the spot for more than a couple of seconds he lights on a cigarette on the spot!!!

har de har har :laughing::laughing:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:53:07 AM by djrikki »

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 02:01:54 AM »
U.S. Gold did make really crappy ports, though they did publish Another World in the US.  And Another World is one of the furthest from worst game I can think of.

Worst game I can actually think of (not on the Amiga though) would have to be Top Gun on the Atari 8-bit.

Youbasically flew around and shot planes.  But the kicker was,  you would never run out of ammo, and you would run out of fuel, but there was no way to refuel.  So basically, shoot shoot shoot, pow, you hit a plane!  Oops, you just crashed 'cause you ran out of fuel and died.  Game over.

Worse game ever!  Maybe we should start a new thread with the worse ending in a game.  My vote (well unfortunately not on the Amiga again) would be Shinobi on the Sega Master System.  After beating the game you get the exact same thing as you do when you die.  "Game Over."  Yup, that's it.

Wanted to beat it on Mame, just to see the ending, but they don't allow you to continue after during the last section!

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 05:07:54 AM »
Quote from: danwood;659620
Gloom 3 was pretty terrible.  Same great engine as the previous games but with some poorly drawn home-made graphics which made it look like a PD game knocked up in Dpaint.

http://youtu.be/WMazTlO9Vco

Hillsfar was nothing like any of the other D&D games and I agree was not very good, but I don't think it deserves placement on the Worst Commercial Games ever list for Amiga games.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
I would say any fighting game that had multiple buttons in the arcade but forced to use a single button sucked!  Any of the Street Fighter games especially.

It was hard enough to play them with a three button Genesis controller.

Out of curiosity, did any of the games for the Amiga/CD32 actually use all the buttons from the CD32?  Were the buttons just mapped to keys on the keyboard or something?

I was kind of wanting to get a CD32 gamepad, though I currently have an old Genesis one (for the type of games that play better with a game pad) and two Epyx 500XJ joysticks, and I managed to re-solder my old Amiga joystick!  Yup the little red ones that Amiga made before being stolen out from under Atari!  That whole thing still makes me laugh.  Wish I had known that story before I had invested in the Atari Mega STe.  Makes sense that the Epic Atari 8-bit and the Amiga were engineered by the most awesome Jay Miner (R.I.P.)

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline DrDekker

• Show only replies by DrDekker
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »
Guardian on the A1200 certainly uses all of the CD32 gamepad buttons - can't recall whether any buttons were also mapped to the keyboard though - I'll have to dig it out and give it a whirl.
A1200, M-Tec 1230 @28MHz, FPU, MMU, 8Mb fast ram, SCSI card, 512Mb HD, Power CDROM drive, PS2 optical mouse

Offline DrDekker

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »
Terminator 2 arcade game was pretty damn poor. Spent good money on that - probably £30-£40 which was an absolute fortune back then!
A1200, M-Tec 1230 @28MHz, FPU, MMU, 8Mb fast ram, SCSI card, 512Mb HD, Power CDROM drive, PS2 optical mouse

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »
F17 by Team 17, AKA, I just tapped the sodding car!!! GRRRRRAAAAHHHH!!
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;669732
F17 by Team 17, AKA, I just tapped the sodding car!!! GRRRRRAAAAHHHH!!

you cannot honestly call that the worst commercial game. had it faults but was pretty enjoyable and good looking.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline gunni

• Show only replies by gunni
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 10:59:26 PM »
F1 Tornado http://hol.abime.net/472
Absolute garbage...

Offline Cool_amigaN

• Show only replies by Cool_amigaN
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »
Quote from: Akiko;668541
Super Street Fighter, shame on whoever released that abomination.

Can't say that it's one of the worst Amiga games released but, damn, that was an ultra ****ty, ****ed-up port! For sure one of the 5 worst ports I' ve played on our platform and if we add the "name" of the game it climbs up to number 1! Thankfully, I am not alone thinking the same :)

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 09:00:08 AM »
Im giving up. If you people are nominating games like that, you havent played much.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline Paulie85

• Show only replies by Paulie85
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
Quote from: DrDekker;669727
Terminator 2 arcade game was pretty damn poor. Spent good money on that - probably £30-£40 which was an absolute fortune back then!

I thought that this was a pretty faithful conversion, it just suffered by not having the gun from the arcade machine.(Unless you mean the action game which admittedly was ****).

Offline Khephren

• Show only replies by Khephren
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 11:53:45 AM »
Quote from: koshman;659684
I personally think AB3D2 was much worse optimized than any Quake port. But that may be just my problem, because other people have apparently played it on 040 and it ran well (I've never tried patching the game). Quake on 060 with RTG is actually very playable (and a much better game than AB3D2 I might add...).

I like AB3DII, and it ran fine on my 030/50. It was technically advanced -vertex lighting, hundreds of colours, proper 3D, some texture mapped polygon enemies, texture poly's for weapons. More than could be expected on my little machine that could. far more advanced than doom. Considering it gave all these abilities to a humble 030 based amiga, compared to quake needing an 060/RTG shows how well programmed it was.

It just didn't scale well above 030. If it they'd fixed that, and had a decent editor, i'm pretty sure people could have rustled up a quake clone for fast 040 and 060 machines.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:01:30 PM by Khephren »

Offline DrDekker

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »
@Paulie85 - that's it - the 'action' game.

I should have known it was going to be rubbish by virtue of the fact that the game's creator stated in a magazine (Format or CU - can't remember) that the original game had been 'stolen' sometime close to launch and that it had to recreated from 'memory' - in time for the original launch date. Couple that with sloppy controls and the fact that the terminator characters looked nothing like Arnie or Robert Patrick - due to copyright issues (?) - I should have avoided it like the plague, but I was (and still am) a big fan of the T1 & T2 films and couldn't resist.