Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Win an A1-X1000!  (Read 6773 times)

Description:

Offline Boudicca

• Show only replies by Boudicca
Re: Win an A1-X1000!
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 05, 2010, 10:41:13 PM »
Quote from: Amiduffer;551566
Do they actually expect anyone beyond people who were C= insiders to actually name all those people?

I think..........this is the list of Famous people lurking in the background

Terry Pratchett (owned an Amiga)
Gordon Brown (Never knew he did so probably isn't him)
Andy Warhol (Drew on one)
Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin (reflection) ah is that the MTV logo...drawn on amiga ?
Dick Van Dyke
Arthur C Clarke (Owned an Amiga)
Illya Nastasi or Bjon Borg but then again not....I know the dam face tho.
Max Headroom not played by the original (Created on Amiga)
Andy Warhol's Maryln Monroe (Nowt to do with Amiga's)
Rolf Harris (Could paint to save his life)
James Burk as Death I think........
Debbie Harry
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 10:55:24 PM »
I don't think anyone but someone who worked at amiga can identify ALL those people.

That case is about as unelegant as you can get. a plain box with a ball,
not very inspiring.

I like how they are not even showing a keyboard or mouse on this x1000 because they don't even have a single keyboard or mouse finished yet.
I think they should kill the announcements and hype until at least they
have a few final prototypes at least.

Steven

Offline Boudicca

• Show only replies by Boudicca
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;551572
I don't think anyone but someone who worked at amiga can identify ALL those people.

That case is about as unelegant as you can get. a plain box with a ball,
not very inspiring.

I like how they are not even showing a keyboard or mouse on this x1000 because they don't even have a single keyboard or mouse finished yet.
I think they should kill the announcements and hype until at least they
have a few final prototypes at least.

Steven

Hear Hear....although with a piece of cunning image tracking software, a modicum of patience, I am sure 99% of those images are on google so. Not impossible just requires more time than I am prepared to suck from my short life to spend on it. X-1000 someone will win, it just won't be me.
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 11:31:42 PM »
is this a case it is going to be?! i like simplicity but this case is plainly boring... so predictable.

sigh.. i guess i could live with it. it is at least not as ugly as walker and all the homegrown "futuristic" studies that emerged after. this one escapes embarrassment with boredom. every bloody designer makes the computers black today. just take a regular tower case in black, stencil oversized and tilted (by 14 degree) logo over the front pannel (it has to be tilted to the right, it suggest movement, dynamics, that is what youve lerned in school). and let the logo cut throgh the edge. good: there is no curves. ok, solved. the next assignment. restart the subroutine..

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 12:09:05 AM »
The NASA people are linked to Amiga by the fact that NASA was an Amiga customer back in the days of the big C. They needed machines that could do lots of maths at the same time. Windoze machines couldn't multitask well and Apple refused to give NASA enough of the hardware spec for them (NASA) to make the custom boards they needed. The rest is history and was well covered in an A.U.I article years ago.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 02:47:42 AM »
Nasa used Amigas up to 8 years ago.

Andy Warhol & Debbie Harris was in the presentation event of the first A1000. Most people in picture are in fact Commodore engineers.

Also Amiga was used in the production or pre-production of lots of films and TV series. I will not give this because I'm intending to participate of the contest, sorry... :D

One thing I can tell: Kevin Mitnick (the most famous hacker of all times) is not on the picture!
Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 05:48:23 AM »
Tell me you at least recognize Jay Miner, people!

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 06:42:23 AM »
Lol!
Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.

Offline cybernoid

• Show only replies by cybernoid
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 01:00:38 AM »
NASA
They drop'ed Amiga in +/- 2001, but I wonder if last year or so they re-started to using it.

Because they are making succeeded space-trips again.

I heard that powerpc assembly is weird compared to 68000 code. But I heard x64 is closer to motorola 'long words'. -That's no good news for X1000. One more reason to make AmigaOS for x64 (the 1st reason is myself) lol

They use Amigas because "it is very simple to JIT errors ie - something goes wrong that have to be corrected in less than a minute."

Please, someone tell if I'm wrong about powerpc being more difficult to understand than x64.

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 03:12:56 AM »
Quote from: Transition;551442
AWompatition time! Celebrating 25 years of the Amiga

News item comes via amigaworld.net

To aid in the celebrations for the Amiga having been with us for the  last 25 years, in conjunction with Trevor Dickinson and A-EON,  Amigaworld are proud to announce their biggest competition to date - the  AW 25th Anniversary Celebration Puzzle Competition (or AWompetition 2!)

With  this somewhat special event, we have some incredibly special prizes to  be won kindly donated from a variety of sources, not least of which is  coming from A-EON themselves!

Full details of this competition  can be found here.

Winners will be announced on  the 23rd July - the actual 25th Anniversary day.

PLEASE  NOTE: The e-mail address used by this competition is currently not  functioning properly. Please do not submit your answers before April 6th  (which is when we hope to have fixed the issue).

I see some I recognize. Who put Cat Stevens and Ron Jeremy in there?

Offline kolla

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 05:37:56 AM »
I know scarely many of those faces, and those I dont know the name of, many appear in for example a certain video made by number 94  (which I btw bought a signed DVD of, from person 110 when he was visting here a few years ago :D) Anyone who've seen that video should know who nr 82 "mr. death" is, that LBF. Number 27 made a music CD I also have :)

A whole lot of old hot-shot developers are present, and also a few people I really never grasped why are there, considering that they never really _did_ anything for amiga, unless ranting on the web counts. There are also many more people I think should definetly be there, but I suppose they're in the "wrong camp" now, or just forgotten. Examples - Fleecy Moss is there, Christopher Aldi is not, as far as I can see - but I might be blind.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 05:46:03 AM by kolla »
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095