Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So what phone does everyone use?  (Read 11834 times)

Description:

Offline KesaTopic starter

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
So what phone does everyone use?
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:37:22 AM »
I just bought a new phone today so i'm in a phone kind of mood. So what phone does everyone use?

So i went hunting for a new phone and i considered all the options and had the cash to buy anything i wanted. I almost bought an iphone but the seller cancelled our sale on ebay. Seriously considered the Samsung Galaxy s. Then i came across a couple of good bargains, the new Blackberry Storm touchscreen and a Blackberry 8310. After much debate i went for the 8310 because retro is cool and touch screens are lame. Oh yeah it has a trackball that lights up! Very cool :)

I'm hoping to start a new trend of being decidely retro. All my friends have iphones and i could have bought one as well but instead i, by choice, went for the cheaper one that had "buttons" on it. I feel like such a rebel. Damn i'm cool :cool:

Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: So what phone does everyone use?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:39:29 AM »
Perhaps you should set up a poll? I don't hunk I need to mention particular phone brand ;)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »
If there's one particular technology trend I have absolutely zero interest in it's mobile phones. Give me something I can dial a number into and speak to people at the other end with and Im happy.
Until today I was more than content with my 6 year old Nokia 6085. I say until today as some random halfwit threw a water balloon at me from their car today while I was walking to the shops, soaking and destroying that phone. I really hope I see those clowns again as I'll happily retrun the favor and break something of theirs. Im thinking a rock through the windshield followed by their nose and/or jaw if they get out of the car after the rock.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show only replies by A4000_Mad
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:54:10 AM »
I have a Nokia N900 and a Nokia N95, but the one I love using most in my flipping, camcorder-swivelling, big-buttoned brick called a Nokia N93 :)

A4000 Mad

Offline spirantho

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »
Android phone here - HTC Desire. Partly 'cos it's dead good, and partly because my company just released our first game for Android (see sig :) )
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline ToddH

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »
iPhone 4

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »
Voted other

Use a Nokia N900 which runs Mameo , soon to be Meego ot NitDroid when I get  class ten SDHC card .

Easily the best smartphone used.  Its more of a compuer with phone functions on it.

The Internet is the best exerience I have seen.   Having a proper keyboard on it as well as good touch screen is awesome.   Video playback is amazing.

Amount of good progs for this like bittorrent clients, scumm, and every emulator you can think of.

I love my phone
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline fitzsteve

• Show only replies by fitzsteve
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:48 AM »
I still have my Nokia N95 - trusty pal for the last few years :)

Offline Colani1200

• Show only replies by Colani1200
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »

Offline Daedalus

• Show only replies by Daedalus
    • http://www.robthenerd.com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:18:43 AM »
Nokia E52 here. Love it! Less than 10mm thick and the battery lasts around a week. Doesn't have the large screen, but I prefer the traditional keypad. Has a nice chunk of my music on it too and decent sound quality through the standard headphone socket. My only issue was that some applications went missing after a firmware update and couldn't be reinstalled without restoring the backup without my apps and installing them all manually.

Sort of felt like Windows in that regard ;)
Engineers do it with precision
--
http://www.robthenerd.com

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »
I waited and waited until phones could do HD recording which is why I got the Samsung I8910HD the first phone that could, its close to 2 years old now, its been a pritty good phone but i kind of wished I waited seeing what you can get now, it runs Symbian wich is not been that good to make the move to touch phones. Might end up getting the Galaxy S 2 as it does look good and android market seem to have really taken off, or I might wait another year.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:50:35 AM by AmigaNG »

Offline vidarh

• Show only replies by vidarh
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 12:01:44 PM »
I finally gave in and replaced my old phone that couldn't even receive MMS messages, with a HTC Desire HD. I'm never going back to a more basic phone. It's replaced my music player too. The Desire HD has a larger screen than the iPhone, which was a big factor as it suits my big fingers a lot better - typing on my wifes iPhone is a major pain in the ass for me.

Offline Cammy

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »
I don't use phones at all so I've just got a plain, cheap digital camera to take photos with and never have to pay bills to keep using it. I've got IRC and MSN to keep in touch with the people I know, and a netbook for portability if for some reason I want to be bothered when I'm not at home.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline nicholas

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;624253
I don't use phones at all so I've just got a plain, cheap digital camera to take photos with and never have to pay bills to keep using it. I've got IRC and MSN to keep in touch with the people I know, and a netbook for portability if for some reason I want to be bothered when I'm not at home.

That's interesting, and old colleague of mine has between completely deaf since birth and using SMS from his mobile phone made life so much easier for him.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
@ Kesa

Oi... numpty where's the option for those of us who would never be daft enough to use a mobile phone even if we were paid to do so... ;(

PS:As your head of the Pancakes.org group here where's the Pancakes option too... :(

(You've really fecked this poll up... :D)

@ Nicholas

WOW... that's the first time I've ever heard of a mobile phone being put to good use... :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:14:34 PM by Franko »