Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ebay problem  (Read 1176 times)

Description:

Offline spaceman88Topic starter

• Show only replies by spaceman88
Ebay problem
« on: September 22, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »
I put this in "other operating systems" because I bought a DVD burner to repair a Linux based PVR. This may be a stretch, if so a moderator can delete or move. I ordered a DVR-109 from "techstuffireland" but he sent me a DVR-110. In order to repair the PVR I need a DVR-109 or DVR-A09. I've emailed him a couple of times over the last week but no response. I don't want to start complaining to Ebay yet, any suggestions?

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
Re: Ebay problem
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 04:17:51 AM »
Sounds to me you have no choice to complain to Ebay, unless you paid with PayPal and can dispute it with them. Did he have it listed as a DVR-109? If he did, then you have something to work with. Ebay's not really nice to people, when it comes to complaints.

Sorry, Bro. That really sucks.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline spaceman88Topic starter

• Show only replies by spaceman88
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 01:05:08 PM »
Quote from: Methuselas;708979
Sounds to me you have no choice to complain to Ebay, unless you paid with PayPal and can dispute it with them. Did he have it listed as a DVR-109? If he did, then you have something to work with. Ebay's not really nice to people, when it comes to complaints.

Sorry, Bro. That really sucks.

Yes, he had it listed as DVR-109 and still does, it says more than 10 available. I'll even pay for the one I don't want if he'll send me the right one!!

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 02:53:33 PM »
eBay has a complaint for item not as described.  File your complaint.  The seller has a certain number of days to reply.  Read the dispute guidelines.  I've gotten money back before on bad items.

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »
Quote from: LoadWB;709091
eBay has a complaint for item not as described.  File your complaint.  The seller has a certain number of days to reply.  Read the dispute guidelines.  I've gotten money back before on bad items.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Click on: "I received an item that does not match the seller's description."

Quote from: Methuselas;708979
. Ebay's not really nice to people, when it comes to complaints.
I've never had an issue, if its used correctly. I've had disputes in the past, went through their system, everything worked out fine.