Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Probs with WHDLOAD on A1200 with Blizzard 030 MK3 and IDE99  (Read 922 times)

Description:

OK this is my setup:

A1200
Blizzard MK3 030 @ 50mhz Accelerator (with MMU) with 32 Megs RAM
IDE99 by Elbox IDE adapter with Allegro CDFS

I am experiencing the same problem with many games. Basically when the game is about to start I get a black screen with some sort of garbage. When I do a soft reset it does a guru. I have tried various WHDLOAD settings such as MMU etc., but the problem does not seem to go away.

I do not have any amiga kickstarts in DEVS/kickstarts folder, but then again, according to WHDLOAD, if a game needs a particular kickstart and it is not available, it will tell you so, so I think I`ll rule out that being the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nostromo

Offline Mugo

• Show only replies by Mugo
Re: Probs with WHDLOAD on A1200 with Blizzard 030 MK3 and IDE99
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 03:27:01 PM »
If you have a "key" file in yuor S: folder (WHDLoad.key), try removing it and see if you can load any game.
Once i had simillar problem, and found out that my key file was corrupted. I transfered it over my network, and took a lot of time to find out this was the problem.

TCP stacks, like Miami and AmiTCP (or Genesis) have issues with WHDLoad as well. If you do have any TCP stack installed, remember to close it before you attempt to load a WHDLoad game.

Right now these are the things that i can remember.

Marcelo.
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

Re: Probs with WHDLOAD on A1200 with Blizzard 030 MK3 and IDE99
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 03:28:55 PM »
Hey

You were right!

Thanks a lot! Games seem to work now