Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AMD system with Amiga Forever 6  (Read 8381 times)

Description:

Offline Holley

• Show only replies by Holley
    • http://www.Front-Runners.net
Re: AMD system with Amiga Forever 6
« Reply #89 from previous page: August 23, 2004, 10:49:58 PM »
:-? I was expecting you'd need some more desciptive help on at least one part of that!  But if thats what was needed then great :-)
\\"Sex, drugs and rock n\\\' roll are very good for you\\" - Ian Dury

Offline TrinityTopic starter

• Show only replies by Trinity
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2004, 06:02:06 PM »
holley:: as a matter of fact there is another item .. i found 2 more cd's that came with AF6 ..Aminet 16 December96  and Amiga CD32 insight technology so i'm investigating how they fit into the overall scheme of this emulation...The downloading of the A-web was working but still have some new questions ,but can work through it.. thanks again.

Also read the recommended ground rules for addressing the forums ..all good requirements ...

Offline Holley

• Show only replies by Holley
    • http://www.Front-Runners.net
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2004, 07:05:49 PM »
hoakey doakey - Aminet will just be a collection of the (then) current files (as can be found on us.aminet.net), so should be handy!

Not sure about the other, unless it's of some use for the inbuilt CD32 emulation that WinUAE includes.

Anyway, I think your next question will warrant a fresh topic ;-)
\\"Sex, drugs and rock n\\\' roll are very good for you\\" - Ian Dury

Offline Failure

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Failure
    • http://awhitlock.net/
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2004, 07:33:43 PM »
@Trinity

I bet you ordered your AF6 through Software Hut.  They are including those CDs because they are probably not able to be sold due to age.  My last order I placed with them, I got some Aminet CD (forget which) and uh...Guiness Book of World Records for 1994 I think, for CD32.  Free.

So they don't necessarily have anything to do with AF6 unless you wanted to give them a shot with WinUAE.
You can\'t spell evil without "vi"
AMIX Wiki | AmixBP

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2004, 10:35:18 PM »
@DonnyEMU

In an X64 ecosystem you have 16 general purpose registers for the OS to play with. Thus it may entail some increase in efficiencies e.g. Less ISA load/store activity.
(even if you factor in micro-architecture improvements such as register wheel and extra micro-code registers).
The post-RISC core would be able reach near its full potential due to some clean-up in the ISA.
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline ombre

• Show only replies by ombre
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2004, 01:56:06 AM »
hi why does this window keep refreshing itself everytime i hit a key for a message?...trying to install Amiga Forever #6 on a pc ,until i can get an old 3000 to work ... but this is rather complicated also , i read your instructions and tried to download various un-archiving files but they all want to go into ram , with of course is full. So is there a way the ask the file from the website to go to a certain place in AmigaForever#6?

Offline ombre

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2004, 01:56:13 AM »
hi why does this window keep refreshing itself everytime i hit a key for a message?...trying to install Amiga Forever #6 on a pc ,until i can get an old 3000 to work ... but this is rather complicated also , i read your instructions and tried to download various un-archiving files but they all want to go into ram , with of course is full. So is there a way the ask the file from the website to go to a certain place in AmigaForever#6?

Offline ombre

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2004, 01:56:29 AM »

Offline ombre

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2004, 01:56:32 AM »

Offline ombre

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2004, 01:56:32 AM »

Offline ombre

« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2004, 01:56:33 AM »

Offline Methanoid

• Show only replies by Methanoid
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2009, 08:29:02 AM »
@Holley

"With WinUAE you can replace 'Explorer' as the system shell, and boot straight into UAE, bypassing the frontend menu (after getting it all configured that is!)."

Could you explain how and preferably what exactly we'd see when booting XP so modified?