Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hate! Hate! Hate!  (Read 9336 times)

Description:

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 12:13:51 PM »
Quote from: A4000_Mad;455274
Yeah I always liked to come here and have a :bigcry: :lol:

The emoticon at the bottom of ur msg is the one I was talking about!  I love that one!

This one: :cry: looks like a Smurf that just got touched by Samarra. :D
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »
@Easy John, give it time, I dont like it much either, but then again no one likes change do they?
I am giving it time and I am sure things will fall into place, its early days yet isnt it.
If you read WHY Wayne had to do this then m,aybe just maybe you would be a bit more tollerant on the issue.,
If not then I can see that Wayne will be frog marched down the streets to the stocks and flogged without compassion, and then put into the ducking stool, and then beaten with a copy of ZX Spectrum.

Just give him a break will you.................. he has done the best for now, look at it this way, at least there IS an Amiga.org still going on, I am going now as I am starting to get anoyed.............For what it is Amiga.org is not that bad, I am just thinking Easy John could YOU have done better?

We all await your reply with baited breath.

Ihn actual fact of doing a Edit on this, it isnt that bad realy, and yes it has mobile option to great for me phone.
In some way I do like it a bit more than the old version, but like i say give it time and dont be so ready to rush in.

Mike.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 12:30:48 PM by swift240 »
Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 12:29:59 PM »
Quote from: Painkiller;455297
@Wayne
are the old pics still sortable by user?
What pics sir?  We're still in the process of bringing over the old gallery.
//* Signature Free *//

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
@Easy John

"And what is realy boring me - stupid forum decoration. Forum overloaded, for just reading message i must wear trougth(?) many icons, bookmarks, tags, buttons, posting rules, forum jumps and many many empty space. Just look at this page, it contains a few comments, but i must scroll and scroll page many-many times to see all of it!
90% of page spase it is useless. And realy important things losted."

Wine, wine, moan, moan, complain, complain, boring, boring,boring....................................

Mike.
Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline easy_johnTopic starter

• Show only replies by easy_john
    • http://amiwiki.spb.ru
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 12:37:07 PM »
Troll - ha.
The only troll here is you. If you cant say anithing in topic - is better to just shut up.

I can't see any good reason for changing anything in this site.  Many years site collect information about amiga, and now "we moved forward", but why?

- "no one likes change"? but what the reason for changing?

- "Old stile more good.It's so much complex" - yes, i agree.

speaking about emoticons, but not see how ugly site is now.
PegasosII G4 1.0/1Gb/80Gb/Ati 9200/MorphOS/Debian
a4000/PPC 233mhz/68060 50mhz/128mb/cv ppc/toccata/x-surf/kickflash/indivision/AOS3.9-4.0
a1200/PPC 200mhz/68060 50mhz/256mb/bv ppc/delfina/wifi/indivision sd+ff/AOS 3.9-4.0
a600/68000 7mhz/8mb fast/wifi/AOS 3.0

Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 12:38:31 PM »
"Wine, wine, moan, moan, complain, complain, boring, boring,boring...................................."
what you try to say?
a4000/PPC 233mhz/68060 50mhz/128mb/cv ppc/toccata/x-surf/kickflash/indivision/AOS3.9-4.0
a1200/PPC 200mhz/68060 50mhz/256mb/bv ppc/delfina/wifi/indivision sd+ff/AOS 3.9-4.0

Offline stevil2k

• Show only replies by stevil2k
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »
I think the site is coming along nicely. Its changed a lot in the past few days, for the better. Personally, its the content and news that i visit this site for not the looks.

Unfortunatly you can never please everyone, some people are just more tolerant than others and realise that in time the new site has the potential to be a lot better than the old one.

The admins have done a great job preserving as much as they have and deserve thanks rather than abuse. Instead of whinging about the change, why not make a suggestion on how to improve things?

I am sure that the community would have a better response to your post if you had a better attitude.

Stevil2k
----------
Stevil2k©

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 12:52:16 PM »
Quote from: easy_john;455308
Troll - ha.
I can't see any good reason for changing anything in this site.  Many years site collect information about amiga, and now "we moved forward", but why?
John,

There were probably a dozen or so threads where I explained WHY the change was necessary, then explained that we were working on the forums before anything else as they were the most important to save.

Everything else is safe and backed up.

We are just working in the background to bring you the old news, the old image gallery, links engine, and all that stuff back online.  It will take us time to do so.

I *am* sorry that you needed something (an image) "RIGHT NOW" but there is nothing I can do about that and I apologize.  

My only response is to remind you that Amiga.org is, in fact, provided to the Amiga Community as a free service provided by me, supported entirely by the VERY gracious donations of our members.

Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else has any right to expect, or to demand any given level of service here (or any other free web site) as this is our hobby just as it is yours.

Everything that you got used to having access to, be it news, images, links, etcetera is in the process of being restored.  It just won't be using the old Xoops package that we had for several years.

That leaves three options for you sir.

1) Have a little patience and learn to enjoy all the new features here.
2) Start your own Amiga web site and spend the next 15 years collecting data, tools, and images.
3) Find and use another site of your liking.

I realize English is not your first language, so I'm trying not to take the "I just hate you" too seriously.  I'm sorry if that comes across as joking on you but it's been a very stressful couple of weeks.

Sincerely, and with great regards.

Wayne Hunt
Owner and Webmaster (and head bottle washer)
Amiga.org
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 12:52:34 PM »
Troll - ha.
The only troll here is you. If you cant say anithing in topic - is better to just shut up.

- "no one likes change"? but what the reason for changing?

- "Old stile more good.It's so much complex" - yes, i agree.

speaking about emoticons, but not see how ugly site is now.

I see you have miss the umteenth posting of why.
The version of Xoops the old site was running on used PHP4. PHP5 came out two years ago and PHP4 support has now been offically dropped by the PHP team. They are working of PHP6. Our host is now dropping php4 and will only be offering PHP5 only. The old version of Xoops we used will not run properly under PHP5 and is too old to update to the latest Xoops. We needed to move to someting modern that is PHP compatable. Wayne looked at various options. This one is the only one that allowed us to import all the old forum posts and used accounts from the old Xoops. Wayne is slowly building a new site around vBulletin. With help he was able to bring over PMs from the old datebase and may be able to import the old photo album. Worship Karlos. Be patient. Don't Bitch. Make polite constructive criticism. If there is a feature you would like to see, ask. If it is possible, it will be added to the to do list or explained that is already exists.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2009, 02:09:46 PM »

If you actually bothered to read the original threads on this very forum which explain the reasons for this, then you would realise that the changes were necessary to ensure the continuing existence of this site. Would you prefer for the site to remain as it used to be and then cease to exist entirely? Would that make it easier or harder to locate the information contained on this site?
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline Firedawg

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Firedawg
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »
Quote from: easy_john;455309
"Wine, wine, moan, moan, complain, complain, boring, boring,boring...................................."
what you try to say?

That describes you very well easy_john.  That is what I say.

Peace to you easy_john, live long and prosper.

The Dawg
Amiga 4000T/60 - A2000/60 - 1200T/60, Soldered Up 3 x Minimig 1.1, Mac Mini 1.5 Running MacOSX/MOS 2.7-Registered

Re: Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
2Wayne
Thanks for detailed description.
Yes, some words sound (mean) different strength in other languages. And i use very simple, to inform my idea right.
What i feel, when (in discussion with another man) i looking for information at amiga.org and find it completly different - is a great angry and sad.
And i'm still very sad, that site changes. Even if it does in good motives.

About free service - yes, you right, you do all this jog many years, but site - its only few Mb space at server, what is do this site unique - is people community. And I realy scare, that you can loose some of very interesting person with this changes...

2Ago
About php - i'm work as system administrator for last 9 years, so i know main thing - do not change anything, if it works.
If it sounds like "oure servers moved to php5", so i prefer to find another server/virtual machine with manualy installed latest php4, and running old cms in original environment, and don't change cms, and spent many days/weeks/(month?) to adapt it and migrate data. In this way we allways lost something..

2Motoroling
I cant read all forum threads. As you can see english isn't my native language, so I only read few hardware/software forums, marketplace, etc, to find sollution of my problem. And only this take to me too much time. No way, that i can rean any other duscussion/non technical threads..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:22:47 PM by easy_john »

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »
Quote from: easy_john;455327
so i prefer to find another server/virtual machine with manualy installed latest php4, and running old cms in original environment, and don't change cms, and spent many days/weeks/(month?) to adapt it and migrate data. In this way we allways lost something..

Again sir, these are things we already addressed in other threads.  PHP was discontinued 3 or 4 years ago and just now ended the support cycle.  No support == no security updates.  That means that NO web host worth having would support it.

Again though, I'm sorry that you feel this site is inadequate and invite you to contribute to make it better.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 03:36:04 PM »
2Wayne
You scare about security updates, but is this realy problem? is php4 realy have many security holes, that you can fix? anyway, it works many years, i think you know and override all holes over this time.
And so with hosting - if you cant find hosting with php4, you allways can find vhost/colocation with you own os/environment.
but you can not answer on this - you already do a choise.

Thanks for invite, but it's amost impossible to me, to explain design and feelings things in english.. And I see some changes is comming right now.
Hope you can do it right(better).

PS: Who, in hell, need to see join date, and number of posts in _every_ comment? :) If i think about bot - I'm anyway open it profile..
I mean it takes to much space, and comments to high separates one from another.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:40:33 PM by easy_john »

Offline Colani1200

• Show only replies by Colani1200
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 03:40:08 PM »
Quote from: easy_john;455330

You scare about security updates, but is this realy problem?

It is. Nuff said.

Offline jkirk

• Show only replies by jkirk
« Reply #59 from previous page: May 20, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »
Quote from: easy_john;455330

PS: Who, in hell, need to see join date, and number of posts in _every_ comment? :) If i think about bot - I'm anyway open it profile..

the old site had the same layout ej.
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.