Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: tales of tamar  (Read 2461 times)

Description:

Offline amigakidTopic starter

• Show only replies by amigakid
tales of tamar
« on: November 19, 2003, 05:03:55 AM »
Hello all amigakid here.  Just a little post on a wonderful onine pbem game called tales of tamar.  This is a great game and hey its for the amiga:).  Anyways reason for the post is that they also are making it for pc, linux and mac.  Whatthe problem is is that they are  working on beautiful 3d maps and the such, but are deciding wether or not to put the time and effort into the amiga version.  Why you may ask, well prob the same reason so many companies aren't making games for our beloved system anymore, not enough support.  Basically we need more amiga players on there.  This is great that we amiga owners have had the chance to get a game released for our computer before the pc or mac got their versions of it.  Now we need to support not only this game but all other companies like hyperion ect... who have stuck by us, even tho the money isn't there.  Lets show the people that the amiga is still a powerful computer and that we will support the few companies still sticking with us.  peace and amiga forever

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: tales of tamar
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 03:47:47 PM »
well the pc and mac versions doesnt have anything more than the miggy version atm anyway..

i am a tales of tamar player and i have played it for quite some time now, i enjoy it and i must say its maybe the most orginal game seen on amiga for many many years and the gfx is so wonderfull.

anyway i dont know why so few players bothered with tot, it seems they dont want to pay for a game and then pay for it per day, but as i have said before when you buy the full version you get 300 free days (turns) and after that its pay per day.

and another thing this game was an amiga first but was always planned to be released on multiple formats.

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline mantisspider

• Show only replies by mantisspider
    • http://www.digitalpowerhouse.net
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 05:25:47 PM »
the pay per day thing is a bit steep. especially as i read that u have to play at least 2 turns per day or something. if u dont send and receive ur moves each day do they cancel ur game?

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 05:56:40 PM »
@mantisspider

I think you've got your wires crossed somewhere.

What you pay for is a number of turns in total (you can buy more  when they run out). A turn is counted as a game turn in which your realm is alive. It doesn't matter if you actually send a turn in or not, you will use up a turn either way.

The game runs at the rate of one turn per day, Not being able to take your turn on any one day may or may not have serious consequences, depending on your circumstances in the game.

Your game does not get cancelled unless your realm dies (i.e. you lose your last town) or you are caught breaking one of the few rules (i.e. cheating). Players have been known to be away for two weeks at a time with little damage to their realms. OTOH, if your timing is bad, one day away from the game could make all the difference.

Either way, Tamar is not expensive and worth playing if you like that type of game.
Bill Hoggett

Offline Wolfen

• Show only replies by Wolfen
    • http://www.tamar.net
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 06:04:50 PM »
Hi folks...

I just read this thread an registered for a reply.

Sorry, for my bad english. I hope you will understand me. :-)

I am the programmer and manager of the tot team for about seven years now.

The 3d map will also be for the amiga computers with a 3d card. In fact the first version is already running very slow on a cybervision 64 3D.

Our goal is to keep it running on a ppc system with a 3d graphic card.

Look her for a screenshot of the 3d map:

http://www.eternity-computer.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=677&forum=27&61

For other screenshots:

http://www.tamar.net/frameorder.html

So its not true that we want only to develop it for other systems. :-)

Anyway, its right that we could need some more
players on amiga. Actually we have over 300 players from different systems. The amiga players have a share of 50% i think.

We would do anything for selling some more boxes, especially to the english amiga community. The game is fully localised and most of the german users speak english well. So that should be no reason for not buying it :-)

At Tales of Tamar you are buying not the game, you are buying only credits (the rounds). All updates (new graphics,sounds,new game screens) are included in this price. A new concept with not much succes on the amiga market atm. ;-)

And we still search graphicans (2d & 3d), translators (all countries expect german,english and spanish) and one or two java programmers to port ToT.

Ok, your turn...

Regards
Wolfen

Offline lempkee

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 06:06:50 PM »
mantispider: i play this game everyday and i am still on my free 300 turns (same as 300 DAYS) , you download and upload a turn each day , never 2 times unless u change something but still it will only be seen as 1 turn! hence 300 free turns when buying the game is atleast 10 months of playing.

the game is very good and it has alot of "wow" factors and it still amaze me after this long time i have been playing it.

and if 10p (0.1 pound) is expensive to pay per day then i dunno... remeber this you pay after the free rounds.

the TOT SE version has 75 free rounds (1 cd in a dvd box, manual on cd etc..)

the TOT full box has 3 cds , full manual printed in very good quality and 300 rounds.

cheers

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 10:06:02 PM »
thanx to all who replied or read this thread.  Im just very concerned about the miggys present state and am hoping to get more people to play and support games like this.  I just started playing as a tester for the pc version and am ordering my copy for the amiga next month (christmas present to myself).

Long live the miggy:)

Offline lempkee

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 10:24:18 PM »
amigakid:oki..well i only use amiga so YES i play TOT and its great... and there is no differencies from pc to amiga version atm.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 11:45:06 PM »
yeah i know, i just want to buy the amiga version, and play it only online:)

Offline SlimJim

• Show only replies by SlimJim
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2003, 12:11:54 AM »
I own ToT, just haven't gotten around to start playing. With
the flakey behaviour of my Amiga4000 in mind, I think I will
probably wait until I can use my A1 to play it.
SlimJim

Offline lempkee

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 12:15:09 AM »
amigakid: ofcourse, anyway good to hear u will check out the miggy version and support tot!..

exellent.

Offline lempkee

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2003, 12:17:47 AM »
slimjim: ah thats a shame, i know of several who havent started yet because of simmilar reasons, maybe the weirdest i have heard is that they are afraid they wont figure it out.... and heh i aint a regular gamer with stuff like this, and infact tot was all new to me but after 2 days i grew to love it beyond infinity :)

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2003, 05:56:40 AM »
YEs i am eagerly waiting for my amiga version, reason i haven't ordered it yet was not waiting to see how i like it (testing for pc version) but rather i have cable internet and have put so much money into my 3 1200's that i decided not to buy a ethernet card, but rather im having a a-1 system built by mr. hardware.  Soon as it is built and arrives here i will get my miggy version and happily play it on a true computer:).  By the way i been waiting for this game forever, remember seeing the early screenshots in amiga format what was it 5-6 yrs ago.   Talked my wife into getting it then, but now i have no home phone, both use cell phones and thus just cable internet which i cant use on any of my miggies (until the a1 gets here).  So maybe we can get a treaty together between our lands too:)

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2003, 08:08:04 PM »
OK HERE WE GO, NOW THAT WE HAVE DISCUSSED THE GAME A BIT HOW ABOUT SEEING WHO IS PLAYING THE GAME THAT IS A MEMBER HERE AT AMIGA.ORG.  MAYBE WE CAN ALL MEET UP AND CHAT ONLINE SOMETIME AND HELP, EACH OTHER OUT ON THE GAME;0

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2003, 08:08:54 PM »
@amigakid

Caps Lock ? :-D
int p; // A