Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10492 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
Re: apple great desing
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;708299
btw - what the heck does that mean?

Shi'ite?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 02:29:51 PM »
Say what you like, those Apple shares I bought around the turn of the century for $20 are making me consider my retirement plans....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline AmigaMac

• Show only replies by AmigaMac
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
I'm anti-Samsung myself and have already told the wife that we need to rid ourselves of our old Samsung microwave (good excuse to get a new one, which she's all for).  Though Samsung obviously copied Apple a couple of years ago with their initial line of Android phones and tablets, I feel that Apple should just leave well enough alone and just keep on innovating and the imitators such as Samsung will have their day in hell.

Besides, Samsung should just pay the same thug money to Apple as they're paying to Microsoft (for undisclosed and questionable patents concerning Android) and it would never have gotten to this level of ridiculousness.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »
int p; // A

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »
Quote from: persia;708342
Say what you like, those Apple shares I bought around the turn of the century for $20 are making me consider my retirement plans....

With all the apple stuff you doubtless bought over the years, I bet you haven't even broken even :p
int p; // A

Offline persia

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
Good luck retiring with C= stock...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
Quote from: persia;708418
Good luck retiring with C= stock...

You must be tripping if you think anybody has that idea.
int p; // A

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 01:37:35 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;708182
First of all i am going to state i am anti Apple and pro Samsung. In fact seeing my Blackberry is about to giveup on me i am thinking about getting the new Galaxy s3 next week. Maybe.

But i am going to defend Apple in that Samsung did copy Apple and are right to take action against them. The green phone icon through to the pinching for zoom in/out is out right theft. Samsung deserve to be sued. They should be innovative and do something original.

Pyromania is a poo poo face.

The green phone icon came from the buttons on pretty much all cell phones well before apple's iPhone. They either had a green button with white phone handset image, or colored the same as the other phone butons with green phone handset image. But, always green. Just as the button to hang up on all cell pones is red.

Offline AmigaMac

• Show only replies by AmigaMac
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 02:22:19 AM »
@Karlos

I know that Samsung is a component supplier to Apple, heck they also produce Apple's ARM CPUs.  Doesn't mean I have to support Samsung's brand beyond their components and beyond what's inside Apple's products!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:20:32 AM by AmigaMac »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 04:42:21 AM »
Quote from: pwermonger;708430
The green phone icon came from the buttons on pretty much all cell phones well before apple's iPhone. They either had a green button with white phone handset image, or colored the same as the other phone butons with green phone handset image. But, always green. Just as the button to hang up on all cell pones is red.

The thing i don't understand is how Apple can put a patent on something that is a natural assumption. For example, red is accepted by everyone as meaning danger or at least something that should be taken more seriously, vice versa green is accepted as something positive by everyone. These are what i would call natural assumptions. I notice that traffic lights are the same colours all over the world. The same goes for features on the iphone, the green phone button and red hangup are both natural assumptions. How can you put a patent on that? It's like someone putting a patent on the order of the colours on traffic lights!

Also the same goes for the zooming by pinching. The pinching is something that anyone would automatically do to zoom in and out. It is a natural assumption. I don't get it.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline persia

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »
My iPhone has likely begun it's journey out of China sunday.  This is exciting!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 04:10:21 PM »
I have an HTC phone with a bigger screen and faster CPU than an iphone, a Nexus 7 tablet, etc.

No Apple gear in my house.

Steve Jobs was an awful, awful person and there's no way I'd willingly and directly line his coffers further.

As an actual computing enthusiast there's nothing Apple has to offer me.  Despite stealing an open-source OS their works are closed up tighter than a snake's butt, both software and hardware wise.  Especially hardware wise.  Once upon a time, Apple made stuff you could tinker in and get expansions for.  But then, I dunno, around '84 or so Jobs took the brown acid and started turning out hermetically sealed computers and physically threatening engineers to tried to make the original Mac expandable.  Apple fired his child-neglecting ass and released the Macintosh-II and other systems with actual expandability.  Then he came back, slobbered all over Ive's Little Blue Toilet and the rest is history.

Fun facts: he demanded some expensive-as-hell motorcycle and piano be put on display in the main Apple campus supposedly as examples of great design (excuse me, desing) but the truth was the motorcycle was there because he broke the clutch cable because he didn't know how to ride a performance bike and he pushed it into the lobby in a fit of pique, then convinced himself he could be a piano virtuoso and when that didn't work out had the piano dumped there next to it.  As a matter of course he always parked in the handicapped spots next to the front door because, hey, "**** you I'm Steve Jobs".  Nobody in his entire ******* company had the guts to stand up for someone who might actually need the spot and call the cops to have him towed or even ticketed.

He raped Wozniak's ideas time and again, ripped Wozniak off, and once Woz hit a bad time due to his plane crash injuries Jobs actually physically threw him out of the company.  One of Jobs' first acts as Apple Dictator For Life (well...his life!) when he came back to the company was to end all contributions by Apple to various charities.

Jobs wasn't an ******* he was the ******* and I won't have a dime of my money directly going to his legacy.  Oh and before anyone says YEAH BUT HE WAS SUCCESSFUL AND WELL KNOWN THE WORLD OVER so was Charles Manson and that's not precisely what I'd consider admirable behavior.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:13:40 PM by B00tDisk »
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;708483
I have an HTC phone with a bigger screen and faster CPU than an iphone, a Nexus 7 tablet, etc.

No Apple gear in my house.

Steve Jobs was an awful, awful person and there's no way I'd willingly and directly line his coffers further.

As an actual computing enthusiast there's nothing Apple has to offer me.  Despite stealing an open-source OS their works are closed up tighter than a snake's butt, both software and hardware wise.  Especially hardware wise.  Once upon a time, Apple made stuff you could tinker in and get expansions for.  But then, I dunno, around '84 or so Jobs took the brown acid and started turning out hermetically sealed computers and physically threatening engineers to tried to make the original Mac expandable.  Apple fired his child-neglecting ass and released the Macintosh-II and other systems with actual expandability.  Then he came back, slobbered all over Ive's Little Blue Toilet and the rest is history.

Fun facts: he demanded some expensive-as-hell motorcycle and piano be put on display in the main Apple campus supposedly as examples of great design (excuse me, desing) but the truth was the motorcycle was there because he broke the clutch cable because he didn't know how to ride a performance bike and he pushed it into the lobby in a fit of pique, then convinced himself he could be a piano virtuoso and when that didn't work out had the piano dumped there next to it.  As a matter of course he always parked in the handicapped spots next to the front door because, hey, "**** you I'm Steve Jobs".  Nobody in his entire ******* company had the guts to stand up for someone who might actually need the spot and call the cops to have him towed or even ticketed.

He raped Wozniak's ideas time and again, ripped Wozniak off, and once Woz hit a bad time due to his plane crash injuries Jobs actually physically threw him out of the company.  One of Jobs' first acts as Apple Dictator For Life (well...his life!) when he came back to the company was to end all contributions by Apple to various charities.

Jobs wasn't an ******* he was the ******* and I won't have a dime of my money directly going to his legacy.  Oh and before anyone says YEAH BUT HE WAS SUCCESSFUL AND WELL KNOWN THE WORLD OVER so was Charles Manson and that's not precisely what I'd consider admirable behavior.

Made my day! :)

Thanks!

Offline B00tDisk

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »
Quote from: TheDaddy;708486
Made my day! :)

Thanks!

You're quite welcome.  I really, really don't ****ing well like Steve Jobs.  At.  All.  In a better world, Microsoft would have let them die in the 1990s.

Offline B00tDisk

« Reply #44 from previous page: September 17, 2012, 04:39:06 PM »
Quote from: persia;708469
My iPhone has likely begun it's journey out of China sunday.  This is exciting!

How fun!  A lump of inert plastic made by wage slaves (literally, slaves) gets to leave an oppressive totalitarian dictatorship and come to a free society so you can be Mayor of Starbucks on Foursquare, and post Twitter updates from The Gap, meanwhile the people who made it at gunpoint get to make another 99,999 this month in a factory with bars over the windows and suicide prevention nets over the factory floor.

Go you!