Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SFS is read-only under OS4 Classic  (Read 2963 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_HTopic starter

Re: SFS is read-only under OS4 Classic
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 22, 2019, 03:44:27 AM »
@ TribbleSmasher

Good idea, but I just booted OS4 with no startup-sequence and the Info command still reports SFS partitions as read-only.

@ Niels

I tried kickstart modules of 1.279 and 1.286 - still no luck.

Does the OS4 installer do anything special apart from copy files and set the specified preferences? I ask because my re-install attempt crashed partway through and I ended up copying the rest of the files by hand. Is there some sneaky script that tells the system it's "ready"? I found the one for the SObjs: softlinks, but is there something that's part of the install script that my non-Python-knowing eyes can't see?

Offline smf

Re: SFS is read-only under OS4 Classic
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 08:55:43 AM »
Does the OS4 installer do anything special apart from copy files and set the specified preferences? I ask because my re-install attempt crashed partway through and I ended up copying the rest of the files by hand. Is there some sneaky script that tells the system it's "ready"? I found the one for the SObjs: softlinks, but is there something that's part of the install script that my non-Python-knowing eyes can't see?

I' dont know why but iirc something like that will happen if you install to a non-empty partition.