Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga vs PC  (Read 32361 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: Amiga vs PC
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:15 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan;574275
lol, stubby fingers.  You sure are a riot.

Don't look stubby to me.  

and yes that's a mickey table cloth, and no I don't give a rats ass if someone thinks its homo.

PS: Already relieved myself.  played some Elvira, if yknow what im sayin.

Ah, Thank you for proving me wrong that pic, just goes to show you do have a sense of humor... :biglaugh:

I'll reduce that earlier percentage to 99% now... :)

Offline saimon69

• Show only replies by saimon69
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 01:34:11 AM »
@KThunder

for me the most important thing about AROS is tht made for me computing "fun" again: it is a nice feeling to boot your AROS stick and check the latest nighty for the progresses; i was excited when last year was able to run the first OWB version for AROS, and am delighted when i see all the interface shortcomings slowly being filled: at first the pointer, then the list view on the files, now the scrolling display and the scrolling shell... and the satisfaction in trying to do something with amilua, drawing my cursor graphics and, most recently, my icons for Amifig put up by Yannick, is a very nice feeling :)

Saimon69
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:35:28 AM by saimon69 »

Offline stefcep2

• Show only replies by stefcep2
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 02:11:36 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan;574275
lol, stubby fingers.  You sure are a riot.

Don't look stubby to me.  

and yes that's a mickey table cloth, and no I don't give a rats ass if someone thinks its homo.

It wasn't the table cloth that made me think it...not that there's anything wrong with that..

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 02:14:27 AM »
Quote from: stefcep2;574287
It wasn't the table cloth that made me think it...not that there's anything wrong with that..

ROTFLMAO!

Don't shoot, he's a man!  :lol:

Damn LP didn't advertise it would come with an mp3 CD on the packaging. Oh well, now I have Something For Everybody on CD, LP & mp3 which my brother will get as he's half deaf anyway  :laughing:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:17:11 AM by save2600 »

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 02:18:18 AM »
Hi,

@Arkhan,

I do believe you mis interrpeted my post. What I am saying here is that the Amiga has a soul, and that a lot of people are still using it because it is a fun type computer. It has something a PC lacks, people who will keep it for many years and use it, they don't care if it has fallen behind, it is a hobby to them to keep it and use it, the Amiga has spirit, and a lot of people supporting it.

Lets look at a PC, where is it at 5 years later?
Do you still have your old 8088 pc?
How about a 80286?

The answer is probably NO, and why because they are outdated pieces of cow manure.

Now how many people still have their Amiga?

I know all my Amiga friends still have it and some since 1985.

The Amiga has heart, and a soul, so that is why we still like it and use it, nothing more nothing less

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Arkhan

• Show only replies by Arkhan
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 02:23:40 AM »
Quote from: stefcep2;574287

ah youre just mad I get hot wimins, and youre still an idiot.

Quote from: smerf;574289
Hi,

@Arkhan,

I do believe you mis interrpeted my post. What I am saying here is that the Amiga has a soul, and that a lot of people are still using it because it is a fun type computer. It has something a PC lacks, people who will keep it for many years and use it, they don't care if it has fallen behind, it is a hobby to them to keep it and use it, the Amiga has spirit, and a lot of people supporting it.

Lets look at a PC, where is it at 5 years later?
Do you still have your old 8088 pc?
How about a 80286?

The answer is probably NO, and why because they are outdated pieces of cow manure.

Now how many people still have their Amiga?

I know all my Amiga friends still have it and some since 1985.

The Amiga has heart, and a soul, so that is why we still like it and use it, nothing more nothing less

smerf

Thats because the Amiga hardware didn't advance the same is all.  Its a shame it didn't.  Itd probably be kick ass if there was modern Amiga compatible stuff competing with the rest of the computers.
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Franko

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 02:25:12 AM »
Quote from: smerf;574289

smerf

Hi smerf

Couldn't have put it any better myself... (you are indeed a true Amigan) :)

(uh oh.. you back Arkhan...) ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:27:17 AM by Franko »

Offline Arkhan

• Show only replies by Arkhan
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 02:29:15 AM »
I thought smerf was saying noones modern PCs can boot up super fast.  

my computers blue and glowy.  It has a soul
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline smerf

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 02:30:30 AM »
Quote from: Franko;574291
Hi smerf

Couldn't have put it any better myself... (you are indeed a true Amigan) :)

(uh oh.. you back Arkhan...) ;)

Hi,

Why Thank You Franko,

I have been an Amigan since the 2nd day that the Amiga 1000 hit Jacksonville Florida. Didn't buy it the first day because I had to think about it, it looked good but I just couldn't understand at the time why df0: and not just a:

seemed like a lot more typing to get something done, especially when you wanted to copy a disk or a file.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 02:33:02 AM »
Quote from: Franko;574266
Why is it 99.9% of you folks in the good ole U S of A, have not the tinyist bit of sense of humor... :)

I mean after all you voted in George. W. Bush, Good old Ronnie RayGun and eat things called weaners... :)

That to me proves you must have a very good sense of humor, lurking about somewhere in your minds... :lol:

just for the record i have never voted for those guys and don't eat "weaners"

I do have a great sense of humor and love my Amiga because it gave me a long and productive career in special effects/graphic arts

I keep pointing this out but I guess some people just don't understand that "Amiga" isn't just a piece of hardware, it's a WAY of thinking about using computers...and THAT has lasted way longer than the company commodore made and lost.

Without THAT idea we wouldn't have Weta in New Zealand.....for example
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline smerf

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 02:41:04 AM »
Quote from: Arkhan;574290
ah youre just mad I get hot wimins, and youre still an idiot.

Thats because the Amiga hardware didn't advance the same is all.  Its a shame it didn't.  Itd probably be kick ass if there was modern Amiga compatible stuff competing with the rest of the computers.

Hi,

Know what you mean, just imagine, a quad core 68090 chip running at 4.5ghz, with an awsome modern ATI or NVIDIA graphics card, with 64 gigs of memory, a USB 2.0 or 3.0, and a sata hard drive with blue ray player. Someone please find that CEO from India what was his name ali, and shove a PC or MAC or both up his butt.

smerf

Offline Franko

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 02:43:42 AM »
Quote from: cecilia;574294
just for the record i have never voted for those guys and don't eat "weaners"

I do have a great sense of humor and love my Amiga because it gave me a long and productive career in special effects/graphic arts

I keep pointing this out but I guess some people just don't understand that "Amiga" isn't just a piece of hardware, it's a WAY of thinking about using computers...and THAT has lasted way longer than the company commodore made and lost.

Without THAT idea we wouldn't have Weta in New Zealand.....for example

Hi cecilla

Take anything I post with a very large pinch of salt... :)
(my sister lives in Portland Oregon and she and her husband (he's American by the way) and all there friends over there in the USA, all have a great time having a good bit of banter, like I have been having in this thread)... :)

The only things I take serious in this life are the Amiga and having a laugh... :D

PS: Smerf, your a gentleman and a scholar sir... ;)
and that little piece of S**t was Medhi Ali :destroy:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:46:11 AM by Franko »

Offline jsixis

• Show only replies by jsixis
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 02:46:07 AM »
no comparison the PC just kicks the Amigas arse but it should being 20 years newer.
I have an 060 3000T that I still use. Great for emails (sometimes you can read the PC virus in a text editor), I use TV Paint for touching up photos, I use Web Design for all of my HTML work, I use Vista Pro for rendering, the colors just look better then on the PC for some reason and I also use Image FX, Turbo calc and a few other programs daily.
The PC is mainly my web browser and a few speciality programs for audio.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 05:08:15 AM »
My PC is for work, my amiga is for fun.

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 05:52:17 AM »
Sigh.  This again.

Computers don't have souls.  You do.  Whether that's a transcendent immortal part of you that continues on after death or simply your personal drive and spark and creativity.  You get out of computers what you put in to them in terms of creativity.  There's no magic fairy dust sprinkled inside a CIA chip, there's no ancient hexagram carved on the surface of a Fat Agnus.  Amigas are like Macs and PCs - they're ABS plastic and/or steel housings containing PCBs made from toxic materials, leaking ELF into you and shortening your existence every time you get near one.  Commodore wasn't a church, Jay Miner wasn't Jesus Christ.  If C= had managed to continue on you'd be using a standard PC with a boing ball or rainbow check mark sticker on the outside, period.  You can debate whether or not Amiga OS would still be running on it, but if you don't believe me about the hardware, go ask Dave Haynie.  AAA would've been outdated had it been released after AGA and AGA was outdated when it was released.

Yes it was a neat computer.  So's an Imsai 8080.  And in spite of what others have said in this thread, old x86 systems are (or can be) fun, too.
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 11, 2010, 06:27:25 AM »
There is no comparison, the Amiga is far superior than a PC...in terms of an Amiga lover.  Hardware wise the PC is of course far superior in processing power, just think the RAM speeds alone of a PC is well over 10x's the speed of an 060 CPU.  Windows 7 is an excellent OS and the games on PC now are unparralelled.  Now for the real comparison the Amiga is in my opinion the ONLY computer I love and collect.  My Amiga's (2000, 500, 3000, 4000, 1000 and CD32) are the best.  I still game on them, still compute with them and still love to turn them on and do just about anything from graphics, music and internet on them (the ones that are able to).  The PC for me lets me game, work and go to school but never will a PC take the place of my Amiga's.  If you loved your A4000 so much get her running again and go back to enjoying computing and use your beefy PC for the other stuff:)  Cheers!!!