Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: for the record  (Read 6846 times)

Description:

Offline kickstartTopic starter

• Show only replies by kickstart
for the record
« on: September 21, 2014, 07:11:57 PM »
After another closed thread without reason i have a question? Where go this forum with this kind of moderation and ownership?

New of phoenixconsole deleted from the news section.
This sales of a guy closed because some stupid reasons of "rights" like if amiga kit and crew had all the rights and clould judge everything related with amiga.
My infraction on my profile for "insults" and the answer from moderators: "its a bug".
More threads closed just for someone dont like opinions.

This is a nice example of how to administrate a forum (ironic)... its a big error that a "comercial brand" buy an amateur forum made by users.
a1200 060

phoenixkonsole

Re: for the record
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »
for the record, amigakit has send me a pm today to clear things. They said that there are multiple moderators and would help to clear why the news has been removed.

The guy with the AmigaMini doesn't care (or is light hearted / with no evil background/badly informed) about rules as Amigakit or other have to do else they would get sued from one of the other camp .... Gentleman like : )

I warned the guy at Facebook about the "grey area" he is walking in but it is his problem. From a forum point of view this had to be closed because it is "technically" piracy.

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 07:35:03 PM »
Stuff around here getting ridiculous. Time to sign up for EAB.

I used to like Amigakit, but after seeing the attitudes expressed towards other people supporting the amiga scene, all the edited,deleted and locked threads I just won't buy anything from them ever again.

talk about doing more harm than good.

Its pretty clear now that some people are on power trips and think they should be able to filter, control or edit content here.

The amiga mini thing is ridiculous. So if he just called it "The amigo mini" and shipped it with a licensed copy of amiga forever all would be okay?
it runs amiga os, it runs amiga software, I don't think anyone would have a problem with him calling that an amiga mini.

The trademark holders can't even be proven who they are at this point. (or what marks are still valid) its all one big shell game the amiga grave robbers continue to play. (and things like this ridiculousness allow it to continue)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:38:23 PM by haywirepc »

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 07:40:17 PM »
You have to respect ownership and IP's.

Personally I think this extra moderation is good, and I am also very satisfied with the fact, that we are no longer getting mac news and what not.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »
Quote from: yssing;773597
You have to respect ownership and IP's.

Respect for all parts but where is the respect by the owners part? Here just exist one opinion.
a1200 060

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 07:58:56 PM »
@thread

if you have a problem with the site or its policies, bring them up in a PM to one of the moderators, matthew, or trevor. or you can open a thread in the dedicated forum we have for this purpose, which is where i'm moving this thread for now. thanks.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:10:16 PM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 08:05:22 PM »
@eliyahu

My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 08:09:25 PM »
"Its my party and i cry if i want to"... this is the reesume of your post.

PS: Im still waiting the deletion of the infraction on my profile, this "bug" you remember.
PS2: PM are totally useless with moderators like you can see.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:11:37 PM by kickstart »
a1200 060

Offline kjmann

• Amiga Enthusiest
    • Show only replies by kjmann
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 09:22:10 PM »
Bottom line, piracy is Piracy. there is really no two ways about it. These are the rules here. if you don't like them. Go to a forum where there are no rules and watch the trolls take over.

@haywirepc
As for you. I personally think that YOU do more harm than good with your constant twisting and perverting the facts. what's probably pissing you off, is that we here at Amiga.org can see right though it.
Systems:
A500 (Originally purchased new 1989) - 3.1 ROM, 2meg Chip, 68k cpu
A500+ 3.1 ROM, 2meg Chip, 8meg Fast, 68EC020 @ 28mhz, CF Slot, SD Slot. (Classic 520 accelerator board)

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »
@kjmann

Haywirepc just say an opinion and is on a.org enought time to give opinions, you are a new user and a moderator, can you moderate opinions of the people?

And please forget the old piracy chat, all of us are expert users of xcopy.
a1200 060

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 12:42:20 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;773599
Respect for all parts but where is the respect by the owners part? Here just exist one opinion.

Yes your opinion it would seem.

Quote from: kickstart;773592
After another opened thread without reason, I have a question? Where is this forum user "kickstart" going with this kind of constant pointless trolling?

The thread was left open after one gentle nudge, it continued to spiral. So it was closed.
If you actually read the posts you would have seen warning.

You keep starting threads and saying what ever you want. When someone says anything against what your saying, you cry foul every single time and start another pointless thread moaning about that. Almost every single thread your involved in goes off topic and by the end has atleast 3 seperate topics in 1 thread.

Then your demanding mods, remove an infraction because someone said its a bug.
Ever thought another mod may have given you that infraction, not every one can be online all the time to know exactly what other mods are doing.

Now please can we stop all this. This is another thread that is going off topic again.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:24:12 AM by F0LLETT »
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 01:44:26 AM »
@follet

After your silly joke trying to ridiculize me... no ones cry here (well you crying now) me and other people just give opinions, if you dont like these opinion sorry but is not a reason for censure, edit or close a thread.

The suposed infraction mod is eliyahu, after some PM messages nothing is clear just "is a bug", "unfortunately the infraction system makes you choose from canned reasons"... but you gave an opinion without know anything, with bad manners and joking around.

Maybe you are a nice person but like moderator....
a1200 060

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 01:54:01 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;773624
@follet

After your silly joke trying to ridiculize me... no ones cry here (well you crying now) me and other people just give opinions, if you dont like these opinion sorry but is not a reason for censure, edit or close a thread.

The suposed infraction mod is eliyahu, after some PM messages nothing is clear just "is a bug", "unfortunately the infraction system makes you choose from canned reasons"... but you gave an opinion without know anything, with bad manners and joking around.

Maybe you are a nice person but like moderator....

The joke was ment to lighten the mood.
I have never edited or censored anyones posts / threads.
I have closed threads but only after warning.

Well, I looked at your account and it reports no infractions. Thats where my opinion came from.

You have to realise we are amigans to and also have an opinion, I get fedup of people saying I can't have an opinion just because I work at amigakit.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 01:54:06 AM »
@kickstart

as explained you earned an infraction and posting restriction for repeatedly discussing moderation decisions publicly after repeated warnings. unfortunately the system only has certain choices, and i chose the wrong one. after your posting restriction expired, and you complained, i reversed the infraction. the system shows that it was reversed because of that clerical mistake. but it can't be completely removed.

you earned an infraction. deal with it. i was trying to be nice by reversing it because the reason given was incorrect and you were unhappy. i thought this might make you happy -- but, no. this is just absurd. enough already.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:56:09 AM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 02:00:25 AM »
@eliyahu

Your PMs dont say the same... but ok, is like talk with a table, if want to have the reason its your lucky day.

Moderation on this forums always fault but with this new wave is worst than ever, close the thread, edit it, ban me, put and infraction... if need it =)
a1200 060