Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A.org banner is ugly now  (Read 4158 times)

Description:

Offline Crisisdog

• Show only replies by Crisisdog
Re: New A.org banner is ugly now
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 30, 2009, 01:49:56 AM »
Hmmm.  Not crazy about the military font type logo with rainbow colors, although the tagline phrase itself seems fine.  I though the previous cursive font was better.  I don't know, maybe try the tagline in Topaz?  It's just a thought, that way both sides of the font battle might be a little bit happy.

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »
How about I just close the whole kittenkaboodle down and put it on eBay.  ?

:laughing:

Would be easier than getting any of you to agree on the simplest of things.
//* Signature Free *//

Offline tone007

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 02:07:35 AM »
...the ultimate Amiga collectible, an Amiga collective!

Be sure and list the top posters' names in the auction so the buyer knows exactly what they're getting for their money.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 02:15:20 AM »
Guys, just live with it.

Do you do this on any other site you visit? Do you visit engadget.com and complain to the webmaster that the logo is too big or has "curves" in all the wrong places. :bitch:

I mean honestly!

Get over this whole logo fixation thing and enjoy the bleedin' site.

It's becoming quite annoying now, and I'm not even the one designing it. :rolleyes:

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 02:30:15 AM »
Changed once more.  That's it.  I'm not playing any more  :)

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline RMK305

• Show only replies by RMK305
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 03:05:56 AM »
This is a little nuts. The logo's fine. I rarely look at it anyway especially as I start reading through threads. I'm sure there are more importnat things that need done than the colour of the font on a banner.
Amiga 4000, Warp Engine 040/40MHz, CV643D with scan doubler module, Tocatta soundcard, Deneb, 72Meg fast ram, 18 gig scsi hard drive.

3xA500, 1xA1200, 1xCD32

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 04:01:41 AM »
Quote from: Wayne;456930
hahahaha....

... and someone in the other thread even feigned to suggest that we could all agree on what "the community" actually is...

As for my icon, perhaps you need to see the movie "Dogma" to understand the reference to "Buddy Christ".

Hi,

You have the perfect tagline right there, but could we change the color from blue to green, I like that color

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2009, 04:52:10 AM »
awright..i like the one thats up right now :-)...hmm maybe a poll could settle this by all users once and for all???
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline djbase

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2009, 07:04:46 AM »
What about..
AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2

Offline Crisisdog

• Show only replies by Crisisdog
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 07:33:27 AM »
It's not often that the Internet community has the chance to put their $0.02 in on the redesign of a web site.  Sorry if we're getting carried away, but it is appreciated that our comments are being considered.  Thanks Wayne!

Other than choosing this header, which I still can't stop laughing about:

I'm happy with the last modification.  Nice scan-line effect behind the font, give a "retro" feel.  Two thumbs up!

Offline ZeBeeDee

• Show only replies by ZeBeeDee
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »
/me likes now
To err is human ... to BOING divine!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline whiteb

• Show only replies by whiteb
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;456933
Also, my cat: (he likes the font (it reminds him of his handy work) )

To be Honest, I have ELEVEN cats, and I do not have that problem that you have, with one.

Looking at the picture, I would imagine the cat has to LAY DOWN in the litter to do its business.

Do you actually have Litter boxes available around the house for it to go ?, If not, probably why.
A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
Quote from: Crisisdog;457058
It's not often that the Internet community has the chance to put their $0.02 in on the redesign of a web site.  Sorry if we're getting carried away, but it is appreciated that our comments are being considered.  Thanks Wayne!
I truly welcome the input, because right now I understand that "change is hard" and there are a lot of petulant people on the "I don't like (insert meaningless thing here) so I'm never going back" bus.  Since I take that personally, I tend to try too hard (sometimes) to get everyone involved.

My goal of this whole transition was to keep the site alive and actually move it forward it terms of what I can provide to the community.  I think I've done that with the Social Groups as well as the fact that the forums themselves, from the editor to the moderation capabilities are simply 1000% more convenient.

Unfortunately, those abilities come at the expense of 100% compatibility with Classic Amiga browsers (which only understand 2001 level basic HTML).  As it is with everything in the Amiga community however, that 1% of users bitch louder than the rest of the users combined, and usually, they're not so eloquent as to why they object.

As for the header, Gadget's absolutely right in that "it just doesn't matter".  Point of fact, there will probably end up being 100 headers which rotate randomly for holidays, "Amiga specific holidays" (such as "Lemmings Day"), and so-forth.

Frankly, what frustrates me is that while I understand everyone has a different opinion, we've reached a point in society where we (as individuals) honestly believe that our opinion is both canonical and more important than anyone else's.    Further, that we (as individuals) feel we have the right to openly express those opinions, even when they're not invited or requested. (ala Internet movie critics who personally slam actors instead of reviewing movies).

I screwed this whole thing up by trying to whimsically ask for input.  I forgot that we (as a community) can't even agree on the simplest of things any more, so if I upset anyone (including myself) by my attempts to make everyone happy, I apologize.  Won't happen again.. :)

Wayne
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:11:34 PM by Wayne »
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Golem!dk

• Show only replies by Golem!dk
    • http://www.google.com/
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 04:28:40 PM »
Not bad this one, even if the jpeg artifacts hurt my eyes :)
~

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
My two cents: Keep the logo, ditch the "Amiga.org" title and subtitle, and replace it with a message of the day widget. Computer-related quotes would be topical, but we could all do with a little existential quip now and then.

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2009, 04:59:47 PM »
Quote from: Trev;457109
My two cents: Keep the logo, ditch the "Amiga.org" title and subtitle, and replace it with a message of the day widget. Computer-related quotes would be topical, but we could all do with a little existential quip now and then.
That's a NEAT idea, and one that I'm digging.  The question is whether Amiga.org has grown as a site so much that the logo is instantly recognizable?  I'm getting the "artist formerly known as" vibe here...

:)

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//