Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Amiga Games Scene needs your help!  (Read 6280 times)

Description:

Offline nooly

• Show only replies by nooly
    • http://nooly.marshals.cz
Re: The Amiga Games Scene needs your help!
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 11, 2009, 09:30:59 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;510402
I just noticed that nooly has posted his/her first message on the forums of A.org.  Welcome and stick around, this is the best Amiga site to be a member of and to look for the latest news of all things Amiga related.  Again, welcome aboard.

Thanks, I'll try to help & support the community =)

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »
:afro: I just had a brainstorm and got two ideas for tamagotchi style games.
I'll keep them secret however and work on them in over the next 3 months.

Here is a link to my favourite singer for inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwbl807gX50
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline Plaz

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 11:44:51 PM »
I'm a sucker for Halloween themes. Still need help with "nightmare"? I can do music, but not much time for coding. Asm is fine, but any chance of working in C on that one?

Plaz

Offline new2amga

• Show only replies by new2amga
    • http://www.canadiancrusaders.com
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 12:50:55 AM »
I would love to help, but I have no programming skills whatsoever.  Come to think of it, the only thing I could do is probably betatest.  Not much use.  But I envy anyone who can help.

Nathan

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 08:00:08 AM »
From the readme of the recently ported AGA versions of Eye Of the Beholder 1 and 2, by "Cfou!":
 - Giftware so all contributions are welcome to push me for future work
  (DUNE2 AGA version are planned and perhaps Lands Of Lore)

I would love to see an Amiga port of Lands Of Lore. It's a fantastic game.
A1200 PPC user.

Offline CammyTopic starter

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »
Quote from: Plaz;510697
I'm a sucker for Halloween themes. Still need help with "nightmare"? I can do music, but not much time for coding. Asm is fine, but any chance of working in C on that one?

Plaz

Yes please! We are very much still in need of help. Since starting this thread on several Amiga forums and having it mentioned in a print magazine, we still have had no offers from anyone who can help us other than the well-wishes from people in the threads. Do you have any examples of work you've done before? The game must run on a 1MB A500, so if you think you can code it in C with those limitations, there should be no problem going for C rather than ASM. As for an example of what kind of gameplay we require, it would be like a cross between Aladdin and Yo! Joe, a 2-player platform game with nicely animated characters who can jump, climb, duck, crawl, slide, hit, throw, shoot, grab hold of ledges and pull themselves up, and help each other reach higher ground. The landscape moves in all directions, not just left and right, and the characters need to be able to walk and run up and down sloped hills. It needs to be 2-players ALL the time, like Chaos Engine, so if you don't have a second person to play with you, the other playable character just follows you around, helping you out, and you can switch between the two characters to use their different abilities. Characters will be able to collect usable items as well as weapons, and spend collected cash at shops throughout the game. This is a quick idea of the kind of gameplay required by the game, so I hope it will give you an idea of how much is involved and if it would be best to use ASM or C.

As for the music, the two incomplete mods that were used in the demo of the game should give a good example of the kind of music we want. All the instruments need to be fresh, not old reused samples ripped from someone else's mod or from SEUCK. The themes range from fun to creepy, and should ideally sound more like a movie score, like in Lionheart. I can provide example tracks of music that has inspired us and give you an idea of how we'd like the game to sound.

I hope I haven't scared you off, but this isn't meant to be some quick Public Domain game that we can shovel onto Aminet only to be forgotten about after a few days. We want to make a decent quality commercial Amiga game. Something that, if it had come out back in the day, would have given the consoles a run for their money. Something we can be proud to say is an Amiga-ONLY game (we don't plan on porting this game to any non-Amiga systems, although other games we plan on multi-platform releases).

If you're still interested, please let me know. I check this forum and others every day, as well as chatting on IRC in several Amiga channels and I'm on MSN too, so please feel free to say hello. If anyone at all wants to chat about new Amiga games, or ideas for games, I'd love to chat with you too!

With everyone's help, we could be enjoying plenty of new Amiga games to come in the following years :)
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline CammyTopic starter

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »
Hey everyone! I've updated the first post with details on two more upcoming Amiga games. Please have a look and see if there's anything you can help with.
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 04:22:31 PM »
Check my Blog:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?b=33

I wrote a helpful (I hope) guide to designing computer games.

Don't forget to critique me.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline nooly

• Show only replies by nooly
    • http://nooly.marshals.cz
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 08:09:15 AM »
still in need of musician for Halloween Nightmare? can send you examples of my works...

Offline amyren

• Show only replies by amyren
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »
Quote from: Arkhan;509577

Annihilation looks awesome...

Do you have a link to some screenshots or demo?

Offline colin419

• Show only replies by colin419
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »
Tracker hero looks awsome.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 01:45:12 AM by colin419 »