Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga A3000D value jump recently?  (Read 341 times)

Description:

Offline snuciTopic starter

• Show only replies by snuci
Amiga A3000D value jump recently?
« on: December 14, 2015, 01:31:08 PM »
I was looking for recent sales of A3000D's from eBay and other recent Internet sales to make an offer on an Amiga 3000D that was owned and used by Jim Butterfield.  I already have a 3000D but I am a big fan of Jim Butterfield's work (he was one of the reasons I got into computers) so I had to try to buy it.  One has to wonder if it's a early or demo unit that Commodore may have given to him because of his work but if it's a normal model, I'm perfectly fine with that too.

Anyway, as I do, I searched eBay sold listings and was pretty shocked at what they go for now a days compared to about a year or two ago when I bought my first.  Have people clued into the A3000 out-of-the-box abilities just recently?  Does anyone have any theories on why they went up in price or is it just an ongoing trend?

Just wondering.

Offline Kernel

• Show only replies by Kernel
Re: Amiga A3000D value jump recently?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 02:00:43 PM »
I noticed that too.  Disconcerting as I sold 2 A3K's about 6 months ago for less than $500 each and both had 18MB RAM, no battery damage, nice keyboard and mice, etc.

Wish I kept them actually...

Offline mechy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 03:45:05 PM »
It looks pretty normal to me,with a bit of a creep upward in price. I mean checking us ebay ended listings, a3000 with no boot status just sold for $221.50 ,and a motherboard for $149~but it depends what you are after i guess. Remember not all of the ones in completed listings sold. as things get more scarce prices will start to creep up.

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »
There have been a few nice ones posted recently.  Original box, paperwork, keyboard, mouse, etc.  If there is no battery acid damage they do well.  I wouldn't touch one again with cleaned up damage.  The acid can leech between the layers of the motherboard and can't be removed.  These can work fine for now and get you later on down the road.