Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Amiga Archive  (Read 429 times)

Description:

Offline scuzzb494Topic starter

My Amiga Archive
« on: December 11, 2015, 06:48:55 PM »
Hi

I have been working through my vast collection of Amiga disks converting them into ADF format and storing in an Amiga Archive. I reached a point whilst using the 4000D where I had a modest flip out with the hard drive and so decided to transfer the files to PC. The archive now resides on six separate hard drives, a Passport USB drive and a USB stick just in case.

I have no idea how many thousand disks I have currently copied. I have completed the main library of disk boxes and main software boxes and some of the games boxes and now progress to my shelves of loose disks and plastic tubs of games and software. I guess I'm half way through.

All disks have been successfully copied to ADF format. I have needed to do some major rebuilding of some disks. Amazing that the success rate of all disks is 99% which is a credit to the creators. I can not say the same of latter floppy disks for the post 1995 era of Windows.

I am not sure whether I will upload the collection to the internet. It is very large and getting larger. I intend circulating USB sticks in time to make sure that the information saved for the future. It represents a half of my life in terms of collected software. And I was most relieved to get the lions share onto more than one computer. Just hope the house doesn't burn down.

Anyway this is a brief summary of the main file headings. They constitute the most popular sets of disks, so not in any Amiga style library.

The work goes on.

AMIGA PD
AMIGA POT
AMIGA DEMO
AMIGA ARCHIVE [ main archive ]

Amiga PD is in 61 directories listed from 17BitSoftware to Welsh Wizard Disks

Amiga Pot has disks currently in a sequential but random collection representing software that is lost from its origins
i.e. car_p004_P_sculpt3d or car_p154_U_Microbase or car_p211_W_interword2. I have hundreds of these disks waiting to be copied.

KEY: The car is ‘commodore-amiga-retro’
pxxx is the number of the disk
U means say Utilities
and then the name of the disk

I also have a section called PD DEMO with things like am-fm, rsi, demo maker, sonix and then the DEMO Archive sequentially numbered. Plus all the mod and sample files.

The main archive is listed based on the most popular selections of disks I have and then the directories subdivided say as in games vault.. adventure, beatemup, board, flight, football, god, history, lore, period, platform, racing, scifi, shooter, silly, sim, snooker, sport, strategy, various, vulcan and war.

The main archive is thus

accelerators
amiga
amiga books
amiga software
amos
arexx
blizkick
boards
bridge
cards
checkmate
colins sandwich
cover disks
degrading
demo
desktop
devpac
digitizers
disk apps
disk copying
disk mags
dopus
emulators
file management
games dungeons and dragons
games unboxed
games vault
graphics
gvp
internet
monitors
music
network
old games
power computing
programming
scsi
sidecars
squirrel
SWOS
tools
towers
workbench
zip

Devpac has 3.1, developers disks, devpac, devpac 3 and sasc. Whilst programming has all the amiga coders, blitz, dice, hisoft etc.

Workbench has all the various flavours of disks from 1.1 to 3.1 and special sections on the 4000T and 3000 and unix.

Colins Sandwich and Checkmate are complete sections to a known user and their disks.

I also have a section in bridge called 'my ship' with every disk that I personally use on my set ups. This is vast.

Desktop is in 21 sub directories covering amiga vision, final writer, interoffice, interword, pagestream, pagesetter, wordworth etc.

Graphics has imagine, dpaint, modeler3d, ppaint, real3d, digiview etc, pro draw, brilliance, scala etc

Cover disks is a quite massive section covering all the disks from format, cu, computing, aui, shopper etc.

Please note that these are generally copies of original disks in my possession. I also have recorded all the serial numbers and keys where necessary.

Thank you for reading.

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
Re: My Amiga Archive
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »
A few years back I downloaded some Amiga archive that had ALOT of stuff..gigs of stuff. 0-9, A-Z.  Even years before that, I bought some cd's with ADF's on them off of ebay.  I dont think it has PD stuff though.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 07:11:54 PM »
@scuzzb494

if indeed everything in the archive is public-domain software and materials, uploading it somewhere would be wonderful.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Paulie85

• Show only replies by Paulie85
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »
Does your Amos stuff include source code examples?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 08:54:36 PM »
Perhaps create a torrent and let the community collectively host it?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini