Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two Teensie Suggestions for this Site  (Read 1874 times)

Description:

Offline robertcr5Topic starter

• Show only replies by robertcr5
Two Teensie Suggestions for this Site
« on: September 01, 2012, 11:53:52 PM »
Hi.  I am a new member to this site but have been an Amigan for a long time. :)  I have a suggestion about the challenge questions that must be answered before a person can beome registered here.  The questions I was asked, all require knowledge of obscure Amiga history.  It seems to me that this makes it very difficult for a person new to the Amigaverse to register (Sorry Fleecy, but your name is not exactly a household word).  Does this not keep the kind of people the Amiga community is trying to recruit, from activly participating?

Also, I live on the east coast of the US.  The timezone here is often written as "GMT -5".  At the top of this page it gives the site timezone as "GMT -6". Yet, the time shown is 2 hours earlier than here.  Shouldn't that be "GMT -7" instead?

All in all, this is a truely awsome and bodaciouly excellent site.  Really- the only one I go to for Amiga news.

Just my 2 pfennings worth.

Thank you for all that you do for the community.

Robert
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:55:53 PM by robertcr5 »

Offline pyrre

Re: Two Teensie Suggestions for this Site
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »
Most questions can be answered if you google it... no need for indept knowlege of amiga history. And you might even learn something you did'nt know about amiga in the prosess... :D

Anyways. welcome.
Amiga 1200 Tower Os 3.9
BPPC 603e+ 040-25/200, 256MBram, BVIsionPPC, Indivision AGA MK2.
Amiga 2000 (rev 4.0) Os 1.2/1.3
2088 bridgeboard, 2MB ram card, 2091 SCSI.
Amiga 500+ Os 2.1
Derringer 030, 32MBram, Buddha in sidecar, Indivision ECS.
Amiga CD32
Video decoder

Offline motrucker

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:31:42 AM »
Welcome to the nuthouse.
Man, things have sure changed a lot since I joined up. I didn't know they hit you with questions like that.
What model Amiga(s) do you use?
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 02:28:37 AM »
Yes I agree with the Challenge questions even hard core amiga guys sometimes dont know the answer...welcome to the site :)
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 02:38:16 AM »
Quote from: robertcr5;706179
Hi.  I am a new member to this site but have been an Amigan for a long time. :)  I have a suggestion about the challenge questions that must be answered before a person can beome registered here.  The questions I was asked, all require knowledge of obscure Amiga history.  It seems to me that this makes it very difficult for a person new to the Amigaverse to register (Sorry Fleecy, but your name is not exactly a household word).  Does this not keep the kind of people the Amiga community is trying to recruit, from activly participating?

Also, I live on the east coast of the US.  The timezone here is often written as "GMT -5".  At the top of this page it gives the site timezone as "GMT -6". Yet, the time shown is 2 hours earlier than here.  Shouldn't that be "GMT -7" instead?

All in all, this is a truely awsome and bodaciouly excellent site.  Really- the only one I go to for Amiga news.

Just my 2 pfennings worth.

Thank you for all that you do for the community.

Robert

Hi,

Welcome to the community of loonies.

HMMMM!!!

Challenge question!!!

Heck this must really be turning into a Mac site, only a Mac head would think of something like that.

Anyhow if you have any hard questions about the Amiga,

A man wearing a hardhat has the answers, but you have to remember not only does he have a hard hat, but he also has a hard head, but he really is a real nice person.

Well enjoy the looney bin. Just remember a lot of these guys are so old that the bit bucket they use has some holes in it.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 09:26:48 AM »
I always found the Amiga history question/verification extremely stupid and a waste of time.

Use a decent CAPTCHA system like everyone else.