Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Apprenticeship  (Read 340 times)

Description:

Offline fondpondforeverTopic starter

• Show only replies by fondpondforever
Amiga Apprenticeship
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:06:10 PM »
A-Eon, Hyperion or a company like that should create an Amiga Apprenticeship. They should have a room with X1000's in giving workshops and tips using the latest Amiga Exclusive Software on Amiga OS and Morph. Should have a poster saying 'Learn the skills to become a Professional Amiga Developer and take your games, software and music apps to the next level' :p
Hop, Crackle, Blast Off into Spino Space!

Offline Rob

Re: Amiga Apprenticeship
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:31:19 AM »
I somehow don't think there's a business case for something like that.

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 04:25:03 AM »
Something to interest people from outside would be nice. Can't possibly think of an angle for that myself, maybe a motivational pitch man.

Offline agami

• Show only replies by agami
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:30:24 AM »
Hey you! Yeah you!
Are you tired of modern computer programming with sophisticated frameworks, SDKs, object libraries, and IDEs? Ever thought of writing a programming guide only to find out there's at least 7 guides for each language already published? Do you feel like 21st Century is a bit of a let down and the golden age of computing was in the '90s?

Well then get ready to party like it's 1999 with the inaugural A-Eon AmigaOS 4 Unpaid Programming Apprenticeship.

But hold on there buddy, you don't get in that easy. Spaces are limited and the competition is severe. You will compete with a thous... hundr... at least one other candidate in our summer internship camp, where we will put you through a series of tests to see who has the coding ability to be considered the best of the best.

The winner gets to have the privilege of being part of only a select few people in the world who are coding for AmigaOS 4. To get you motivated you'll receive your very own partially functional AmigaOne X1000 PowerPC computer running the latest patch roll-up AmigaOS 4.1 FE. The sky is the limit! Actually your first limit will be a decent compiler and a test suite, and then, after some more limits have been removed, the sky is the limit!

This is the way computing is meant to be. You'll get to figure things out without a manual, wondering what this line of code does? Us too, since no one can contact the original programmer. Create software for literally hundreds of AmigaOS 4 users, and if you're up for it, you can write and publish the first ever "C Programming Guide for AmigaOS 4" and help train the next generation of AmigaOS 4 coders.

So what are you waiting for? Send in a video of yourself explaining why you should be the next AmigaOS 4 coder and we just might see you this summer.

RULES: 1. Limit one entry per family. 2. The summer internship camp is not actually a camp, we will be engaging with candidates via web cam. 3. Apprenticeship is unpaid and the winner will be working from their own premises. 4. In order to receive your AmigaOne X1000 computer you will need to pay for all shipping and customs fees for your respective country. Be warned, it is a very big box. 5. All software developed by the apprentice is the property and Copyright of A-Eon Technology Ltd. and all instances of the apprentices name will be removed from the code. 6. Completion of the apprenticeship does not guarantee full-time employment with A-Eon Technology Ltd. or any of its partners or subsidiaries. 7. Duration of the apprenticeship is at the sole discretion of A-Eon Technology Ltd. 8. Once the apprenticeship is completed or if the apprentice decides to quit early, the AmigaOne X1000 computer must be returned to A-EOn at the apprentices expense. 9. All video submissions are Copyright of A-Eon Technology Ltd. and will go towards helping us explain to other people why someone should want to be an AmigaOS 4 coder. 10. This apprenticeship promotion is fictional and is intended  as satire, and is in no way written or supported by A-Eon Technology Ltd. or any individuals acting on behalf of A-Eon.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:35:11 AM by agami »
---------------AGA Collection---------------
1) Amiga A4000 040 40MHz, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000, Creative PCI128, Fast Ethernet, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
2) Amiga A1200 040 25MHz, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, IDEfix, PCMCIA WiFi, slim slot load DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
3) Amiga CD32 + SX1, OS 3.1

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Amiga Apprenticeship
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »
I suggested the first day of AmiWest but I like Agami's suggestion better.  :-D

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 11:29:49 AM »
I love unbridled sarcasm!!:):):):):):):)

Offline Epsilon_

• Crazy about Amigas
    • Show only replies by Epsilon_
    • http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »
Quote from: agami;783812

This is the way computing is meant to be. You'll get to figure things out without a manual, wondering what this line of code does? Us too, since no one can contact the original programmer.

:laughing:

I needed that - thanks mate for making me smile at the end of a tough week. :-)

Catcha,
Epsilon

Please check out my various blogs:
Amiga:  AmigaX1000.blogspot.com.au
Trains: InterestingTrains.blogspot.com.au

Instagram: Epsilon's Instagram
[/SIZE]

Offline fondpondforeverTopic starter

• Show only replies by fondpondforever
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »
On a serious note, the Amiwest workshop sounds amazing.
Hop, Crackle, Blast Off into Spino Space!

Offline Wilse

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 12:45:55 PM »
@agami:

Superb! :pint:

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »
i dont think its likely that any hardware could be lent here, it would require the candidate to be paid in full up front.

Offline hishamk

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »
@agami:

lol, that was awesome.
2x A1000, 2x A2000, 1x A3000, 4x A1200, 3x A500, 1x CDTV, 1x CD32, 2x Pegasos II, 1x EFIKA

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 04:44:12 PM »
LOL.  I was hoping the absurdity of this thread, no one would comment on it and it would drop off the front page quickly.  But that post made it all worth it. :lol:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos