Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for Phraud Box (Blue Boxing)  (Read 2493 times)

Description:

Offline HonkybearTopic starter

• Show only replies by Honkybear
Looking for Phraud Box (Blue Boxing)
« on: April 19, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »
Back in the day there was a little program called the Phraud Box which was program for generating ccitt5 tones.

Yes the purpose was for making free calls.

The idea was to take over the line log on to BBS's overseas and host it on your own BBS.

There were a number of other Whitebox programs as well and all very hard to come across even more so these days.

I'm not even interested in making free phone calls these days I can use Skype for that. But if anyone has any of these programs or would like to discuss more about phone phreaking I would like to here from you.

:)
A600 ,ECS, ACA620EC ,A604
Mini MAC 1.42Ghz Morphos 3.3

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: Looking for Phraud Box (Blue Boxing)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »
Most would not work in this day and age.

Check out textfiles.com for the old phreaking articles.  The main site may be of interest if you're into old BBS stuff.

http://textfiles.com/phreak/

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »
Oh man, the good old days!  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »
The phraud box was a tone generator for the Amiga which could emit tones to seize control of the phone exchange (highly illegal) this was war games type stuff. As for the text files if I don't have them I have read them at some time. I Remember a mate of mine gave me a copy of The phreaker's manual I couldn't take my Amiga with me so I printed it. It took me all night to print on a noisy dot matrix :lol: Yes they were the days. I would go to my friends place and see the latest wares he'd downloaded from a BBS using a USRobotics 14.4 modem (screaming speed) these weren't available in Australia at the time as they weren't approved by Austel (the equivalent of the FCC) . You had to place an X3 command in the string so they wouldn't look for a dial tone (aussie dial tones were different I'm sure was probably the same in the UK) Fun Fun Fun!!!!

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 01:52:10 AM »
You might want to talk to the folks over at 2600.com.  Yes they are still around...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 02:42:50 AM »
Thanks Persia. Be leave it or not I still have these on disk in Australia somewhere in my Mum's garage. I got a lot of them from a guy who wanted to swap programs in the back of 2600 magazine (before it was available on book shelves) We are still friends to this day. however he no longer has any of his Amiga stuff.

Offline mykrowyre

• Show only replies by mykrowyre
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 08:46:58 PM »
FWIW, Blue Boxing does still work... but you need find a country that is still using old switches.  You call the international operator, ask for an operator in country X (used to be Turkey btw I think), and then blast your tones and grab the trunk, then dial out using MF tones.

If you try all of the small countries you eventually will find one ;)

I did lots of hacking on my Amiga 500 and 1200.  Anyone ever used tymnet and sprintnet (X25) to get to QSD and Lutz in the 90s?

I can't believe I still remember this:
Lutz: 26245400080177
QSD: 0208057040540

:D

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 10:11:37 PM »
Quote from: mykrowyre;734183
FWIW, Blue Boxing does still work... but you need find a country that is still using old switches.  You call the international operator, ask for an operator in country X (used to be Turkey btw I think), and then blast your tones and grab the trunk, then dial out using MF tones.

If you try all of the small countries you eventually will find one ;)

I did lots of hacking on my Amiga 500 and 1200.  Anyone ever used tymnet and sprintnet (X25) to get to QSD and Lutz in the 90s?

I can't believe I still remember this:
Lutz: 26245400080177
QSD: 0208057040540

:D

That's cool after Hawaii went down most peole gave it away I just found different ways. Zimbabwe worked for a while also but that was long ago . One of my favorites in Astralia was you could dial 6121380 dead air then dial anywhere no blue box required use a tone dialer and call anywhere. This worked for a very long time. Tone dialers were good for all sorts of things. On a another note a kind person I met on Amiga.org transferred two of my drive into a HDF format. I now have The Phraud BOX and various other white box and blue box programs which Have eluded me for so long.

Offline mykrowyre

• Show only replies by mykrowyre
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:14 AM »
Quote from: Honkybear;734199
That's cool after Hawaii went down most peole gave it away I just found different ways. Zimbabwe worked for a while also but that was long ago . One of my favorites in Astralia was you could dial 6121380 dead air then dial anywhere no blue box required use a tone dialer and call anywhere. This worked for a very long time. Tone dialers were good for all sorts of things. On a another note a kind person I met on Amiga.org transferred two of my drive into a HDF format. I now have The Phraud BOX and various other white box and blue box programs which Have eluded me for so long.

I probably should have said "does MOST LIKELY still work"... it has been many years now ... but I am sure there are still many very old switches running in small poor countries.  

Would be a fun project to find out.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 01:47:42 AM »
Quote from: mykrowyre;734215
I probably should have said "does MOST LIKELY still work"... it has been many years now ... but I am sure there are still many very old switches running in small poor countries.  

Would be a fun project to find out.

If I was living back home and single definitely. But these days I live the life of a model citizen. Married with kids and all the good stuff. The chirping sonds of the 2600 still makes me smile like a love sick teenager :laughing: Yes they were fun times. These days I don't even read 2600 magazine. But my Amiga that's a different story.

Offline lucidphreak

• Show only replies by lucidphreak
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 01:12:41 AM »
very interested in collecting/swapping phreaking apps for various OS's myself...

Dropped you a PM honkybear..

Offline redblade

• Show only replies by redblade
    • http://redblade.freeshell.org
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 03:16:58 AM »
Hi. Do you have the activation keys to get this application to run?? I also saw that it has the string format dh0: when I was running it through ReSource