Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will the Amiga ever regain it's footing in games?  (Read 7271 times)

Description:

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
Re: Will the Amiga ever regain it's footing in games?
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 03, 2002, 03:23:46 AM »

Valan wrote:
@Odin
I thought I read that Psygnosis were buying themselves back from Sony?
Maybe I am wrong. Anyway the link you gave is not affiliated to Psygnosis or Sony. It also lists them seperately.

Valan

Yes I know...it's an *.ORG site...so that usually is a not an official site =). It's just a fansite. But if you do go to psygnosis.com you end up at a Sony PSX site.

It would be great news if Psyg would buy itself out! But if you read the stories on Psygnosis.org it becomes clear that the original team is pretty cut up to pieces. (But that info is 2 years old).

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2002, 03:27:57 AM »
Have a jaunt over to this old site

(if you havent already!)

http://nthdimension.emuunlim.com/

It brought a tear to my eye, anyway

:-D

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2002, 03:52:16 AM »
@blob:

That site rocks! Might have a go at making my coverdisk collection immortal, those disks aren't gonna live for ever!.

Offline Marky_D_Sahd

• Show only replies by Marky_D_Sahd
Re: Will the Amiga ever regain it
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2002, 03:55:40 AM »
KingTutt:

WOW!  I like registered right now!  And there's a place at the bottom to register as an Amiga owner!!
Everyone here should register (once) and let 'em know we're interested!
Now featuring new and improved G4 AmigaOne, with Mozilla!

Offline Glaucus

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2002, 04:11:53 AM »
Well...  It would be nice if we could get a few left over table scraps from the PC market.  Some ports would be nice (battlefield 1942 would be sweat).  But here's the catch:  We need a DirectX API and an OpenGL API.  Once that is in place we can then think about porting games.

But will the Amiga be the god of computer gaming?  Probably never.  Even if you'd sink $2billion into the Amiga games market it still wouldn't hold a candle to what's available for the PC.  If you want to play games buy a PC!

- Mike
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline KingTutt

• Show only replies by KingTutt
Re: Will the Amiga ever regain it
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2002, 04:26:22 AM »

Marky_D_Sahd wrote:
KingTutt:

WOW!  I like registered right now!  And there's a place at the bottom to register as an Amiga owner!!
Everyone here should register (once) and let 'em know we're interested!

Good to hear buddy. Yeah we really need all you Amigans support. To show Cinemaware we still love them after all these years. God only knows how much Cinemaware still loves its favourite little platform which made it renowned among the gaming elite of yesteryear.

And yeah they could really use all the support they can get. You guys will probably be happy to know that they intend on remastering almost every game title they released on the A500 platform. I think they should also remaster for the A1 but heres one for hoping. As for their long term projects, they are remaking (yes you heard right), the original Defender of the Crown with todays 3d gfx.

So for all you Amigans that have fond memories of Cinemaware, please post your thoughts and words of support on their forum they have some members of their dev team that will answer every question you may have for future projects. So its a fantastic opportunity to voice your thoughts directly at the Cinemaware team, Not o mention read up on a little Amiga history through the eyes of Cinemaware. Cheerio!
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.